Official macna announcement

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Was I supposed to get an email with my ticket? I have not received one yet

"Bond. James Bond." -James Bond

Blazinjack;264851 said:
Was I supposed to get an email with my ticket? I have not received one yet
Let me know what name and email address you registered with, and I'll look it up and send a new email. Maybe the email address had a typo...

Larry

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
larryl;264891 said:
Let me know what name and email address you registered with, and I'll look it up and send a new email. Maybe the email address had a typo...

Larry
I sent you a PM

"Bond. James Bond." -James Bond

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
What's the cost for full access pass after early bird special?

Also what is the cost for just a day pass the day if the event?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Nevemind found it on the site $179. Are single day passes going to be available for purchase?

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Chad there will be a few more price points between the early bird special of $89 and the full price of $179.

Keep an eye out for the day passes as these will be available in the near future!

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;265175 said:
Nevemind found it on the site $179. Are single day passes going to be available for purchase?
As Adam indicated, full conference passes are currently $89. But they won't stay that cheap for long! The price includes three days of exhibits, speakers, the Friday reception and the Saturday banquet. We are all just back from MACNA 2013 and let me tell you, it was a hell of a show! They finished with over 3000 attendees. They also sold out of full access passes 3 months before the event.

It's coming!!!! www.macna2014.org

SkyDiv3r17

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sooo what is this? Just some event where people show off fish and corals? 89 bucks seems steep for that. What all happens?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
SkyDiv3r17;265612 said:
Sooo what is this? Just some event where people show off fish and corals? 89 bucks seems steep for that. What all happens?
MACNA = Marine Aquarium Conference of North America

Its only the largets and most respected event in the Saltwater hobby, celebrating its 25th year this year I believe. This will be the first time in Denver, and trust me, $89 is not too much to pay for the full weekend pass, you might check out the website.

mathewkofalk

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would compare this event to the big Electronics show that's held in vegas every year I think its call CES.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Its the Sand Diego ComicCon for saltwater

MACNA2014

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
As has been stated, this is the biggest saltwater aquarium events of the year!! This will be the 26th MACNA, as well as the first time ever being in Denver. $89 is a GREAT price, and is the same price that was paid for the early bird into MACNA 2013. This will guarantee all of the following, for all three days, except where noted:

Access to the entire show floor
Access to ALL of the speakers
Access to ALL of the workshops (biggest/most expansive workshop areas of all MACNA's)
One ticket to the Friday night party!! This is ALWAYS a great time!! Sponsor to be announced in the future
One ticket to the Saturday night banquet. This is where the MASNA scholarship winner(s) are announced, future MACNA is announced, and keynote speaker speaks!!

As has been stated above, one day passes will be sold at a future date, but for now, only full passes are available. Pick them up now, while you can! Miami sold out of full passes three months before the event took place, and there was a HUGE demand for them even after that! We will do our best to ensure that our local forums get all of the latest updates, but if you have any questions, you can also contact us through our website -www.macna2014.org- You can also follow us on facebook -https://www.facebook.com/pages/MACNA-Marine-Aquarium-Conference-of-North-America/216130091836276- And as always, tune in to www.reefbuilders.com!!

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
WHOA!!! Almost forgot to buy my ticket!!! But I am going as I just bought my full access pass!!!

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
MartinsReef;266236 said:
WHOA!!! Almost forgot to buy my ticket!!! But I am going as I just bought my full access pass!!!
Way to go Martin! :)

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
SkyDiv3r17;265612 said:
As has been mentioned, this is the preeminent marine aquarium event in the country, and the largest hobbyist event world wide.

MACNA is the show owned by MASNA, the Marine Aquarium Societies of North America. MASC is a MASNA member, as are other local clubs and individuals.

MACNA brings together hobbyists, professional aquarists, marine scientists, product manufacturers and livestock retailers from all over the world. MACNA 2013, which just completed, had attendees from Tokyo, Europe, Australia, Singapore, South America and many, many other countries.

Typically we end up with 20-24 speakers including folks like Martin Moe, Kevin Kohen, Dr Jack Randall (you know, the guy who discovered and named half the fish we keep), Julian Sprung, Matt Wandell, Richard Ross, Jake Adams, Colin Foord, Sanjay Joshi, Dana Riddle, Scott Fellman, Joe Yaiullo, Dr Richard Pyle, Tony Vargas, Matt Pedersen, Mitch Carl, Ken Nedimyer, Christine Williams, Charles Delbeek, Bruce Carlson, James Fatheree, Scott Micheal and Jean-Michel Cousteau (yep... that one). That's a small sampling of speakers over the past 3 years, not including the previous 22 shows prior!!

In addition to the great speakers, you have the chance to see new products and fun toys for your tanks. Often, vendors choose a MACNA in order to announce their latest goods.

Then of course, there is the raffle. If you've ever been to a Reefstock and thought that there was a crap ton of raffle items.... well.... multiply that by 10! This year at MACNA 2013, there were some amazing items, Radion LEDs, Kessil LEDs, 300g Deep Dimension aquarium, Apex controller systems, more salt than a forklift could carry, and a myriad of skimmers and gear for your tank. Of course, if you were the grand prize winner, Boyd gave away a 150g custom complete setup with Radions, Vortechs, sump, everything you needed.... including shipping to your home. It was valued at $19,000 just by itself.

There are a core group of folks, numbering in the 600+ range, that travel to MACNA every year, regardless of where it is. I've been lucky enough to be able to attend nearly a dozen MACNAs. Nothing compares.

Your Full Conference pass gets you onto the show floor (3 days), access to speakers (3 days), admission to the Friday night party where you can visit with aquarists and professionals from around the world (be sure to bring that favorite book, odds are that the author will be there to sign it for you), as well as access to the Saturday night banquet.

Prices go up soon... so get your passes.... you'll be kicking yourself later if you don't do it now!

www.macna2014.org

MACNA2014

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
rmougey;266241 said:
Prices go up soon... so get your passes.... you'll be kicking yourself later if you don't do it now!

www.macna2014.org
The first price bump comes soon!! Make sure to pick up those heavily discounted passes NOW, or you'll definitely be kicking yourself in the future!! Also, definitely consider staying at the Hyatt Regency. Half the fun is the overnight parties, and different happenings. You'll definitely miss out, and be sad, saying goodbye to your friends that are staying there.................only to hear the stories in the morning!

www.macna2014.org

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's the last few days for Full Conference Passes at the deeply discounted rate of $89!

The price goes up this weekend, so be sure to pick up your passes now. Starting Saturday, the ticket price will be $99.

Full Conference Passes include three days of speakers, Friday MACNA Party, Saturday Banquet and of course the raffle and exhibitor hall.

The Hyatt is our official hotel and rooms are now available at $129 per night. If you thought MACNA was fun during the day, it's a blast as the evening passes in the venue hotel. Please join us!

http://www.macna2014.org

-Rob