Official macna announcement

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is going to be a huge event! I personally know people that are flying in for this event. It is going to be epic!

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Balz3352;312618 said:
Wish I could afford to go to this :(
There are several options available for the show. Currently Full Access Passes are being sold which cover all three days plus the Friday Reception/Party and the Saturday banquet. Later this summer, Day Passes will go on sale. You can't afford to miss this event if you keep marine aquariums. 2500+ attendees, over two dozen speakers, workshops and more than 145 exhibitors. Save your pennies, call in sick, get a note from your Mom.... whatever it takes!!

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
MartinsReef;313139 said:
This is going to be a huge event! I personally know people that are flying in for this event. It is going to be epic!
Not counting the exhibitors, I'd estimate that we'll have nearly 1000 folks flying in for MACNA. We have attendees coming from Europe, South America, Asia, Central America, Canada, China, the Middle East and Australia. There's a reason that dedicated hobbyists spend hundreds of dollars to get to MACNA.... It's the premier marine aquarium conference in the world geared towards hobbyists. And... it's going to be in YOUR back yard this August. If you've never attended a MACNA, you have no idea how much fun and informative it is. There's only one rule, sleep is not allowed!

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
jgonzz;313154 said:
That's what I keep telling people Rob.

You would be surprised how many locals have told me they don't think they will go, I tell them they are crazy if they miss it!
How do you describe an event that is 20x Reefstock to folks that have never seen one before? Of course, it's not a frag swap... it's an educational event. But that's not to say that there won't be corals there than we seldom get to see but on-line! This is one of those things that you'll kick yourself for not going, when you hear from everyone else about how fantastic it was. And for those of you thinking, I'll go next year... you better plan on buying your airplane ticket soon... it's gonna be several hours away by plane.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Finally bit the bullet. I should have bought it last year when it was only 90 bucks instead of 140.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Don't forget folks this is the premier salt water fish conference of the USA. If you like frag swaps, speakers and seeing the new and up and coming fish gear / tech toys don't miss this event!!! Its a blast and this one is in your back yard.

If you're not planning to attend this show I'd say its time to begin saving your dollars!!!!!

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jgonzz;313154 said:

You would be surprised how many locals have told me they don't think they will go, I tell them they are crazy if they miss it!
WHAAAAAT! If one does not go that would be crazy.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
jgonzz;313154 said:

Seriously, this might be the only time in our lifetime that we won't have to travel to another state to see this. Even if its only a one day pass, how can you pass that up? Those people are crazy.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
You will be able to buy 1 day conference passes on-line, or at the door. Look for an announcement in the next couple of weeks.

If you want to join 1500 die hard reefers, speakers and exhibitors... there's still time to buy the Full Conference Passes which include the Friday Reception... a fun party at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House and the Saturday Banquet where we will be giving away a trip for 2 to Fiji... 10 days on a lovely island. The best part is that if you are a diver, there will be an option to upgrade to a Live Aboard dive boat!!

The day passes will give you access to the exhibit floor, speakers, workshops and drawings, but not the Party and Banquet.

Don't forget.... kids 17 and under are free.... we will have a Kids Corner where they can color, pet some cool critters or otherwise be entertained away from the show floor.

This is gonna be so much fun!!!!

-Rob

Chair, MACNA 2014

Last edited by a moderator:

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Less than the 3 day Full Conference pass.....

OK.. seriously... it will be under $50.... the price has yet to be finalized.

Single day tickets for Miami and Dallas MACNAs were $60. We will be well below that.

-Rob

Chair, MACNA 2014

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rmougey;315983 said:
Less than the 3 day Full Conference pass.....

OK.. seriously... it will be under $50.... the price has yet to be finalized.

Single day tickets for Miami and Dallas MACNAs were $60. We will be well below that.

-Rob

Chair, MACNA 2014
You just got me even more excited!! I can afford that!! Yay! (gotta pay for the fiancé too) sweet!

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Tell all your friends too. This isn't just a frag swap this is the premier show in the USA for all things reefing and saltwater.

Want to see the newest and latest equipment? What about hearing talks from the folks who are doing cutting edge research in the saltwater realm? And of course there will be the nations top coral vendors!!!

Its is going to be a blast!!!