ORP/PH combo

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Does anyone know of a pH/ORP combo meter that I can leave the sensors in the tank? I've found a few hanna testers, but I don't really think I can leave those in long term. I know pH is easy to test for, but with the upcoming kalk regimen I want something that will shut off the ato if the pH is too high.

Been comparing the ApexJr and ReefAngel. I see that ReefAngel is coming out with a larger screen and orp sensor expansion later this year. My question is, is the RA worth spending 100 more for the display and expansion $$? I can get a ApexJr and pm1 for 225, add the ORP and pH probes and total comes to roughly 325 w/o shipping. Both can be controlled through my phone or comp. Guess this just turned into a RA v ApexJr thread

Talk about a worthless thread, just pulled the trigger on a RA. Oh well, might help out other members

Last edited by a moderator:

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
The ReefKeeper Lite Marine Depot Special for $189 gives you not only the RKL, PC4 & iTemp probe but also the SL1 - PH/ORP Module including a Free PH Probe! I bought one and its amazing...the only thing you would have to pick up is the ORP probe which is $69! Check out these links. The only reason I chose RKL over Apex was cost....BUT the APEX gives you control via your PC/Mac or App based iPhone/Droid which the RKL does not. The Net Module I believe will be updated in the near future so that you can control the tank just like an Apex JR...as of now you can only monitor for alerts etc. Where did you get your pricing for the Apex Jr? Seems to me those probes required extra modules thus the heavy price tag for Apex?

Lots of options just check out Digital Aquatics site for more info

The ReefKeeper Lite Marine Depot Special

ORP Probe

I ordered one of these Reefkeeper Lites as well its on the UPS truck out for delivery. Did you order one of the lunar pods with it? I did the nocturnal blue figured id try one maybe add another if I like it or need it.

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
i just got my RKM- MLC from a local reefer but dont have the pods yet. Not sure on the color yet....I kinda like a red one for my midnight viewing but also will use a 1-2 nocturnal blues for actual moonlight. How bright are they? Connected yours yet DenverAquarist?

Just got the system all setup and then I realized I got the SL1 with my kit and thought you can run the pod off of that! Well it does say only works with SLC-MLC to operate! Thats insane another $69 to use them. The ports are the same on the SL1 as the SLC-MLC but no it doesn't work very dim and flickers. I am sure if you use one of those other controllers they are really bright. But I don't know that I want to spend the $69 right now for that on top of each $10 pod. SO far I like the system though was your ph on ? My chemical test kit shows 8.2ph but the probe is reading 7.86 I was surprised about that. My probes temp is 1 degree warmer then little digital thermometer I was using too. If you have the MLC and plan to use it and want to buy this pod from me let me know. I am going to hold off on buying that and can get the pod then.