PAR METER - Rental Program

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
List updated - 09bumblebee you are up my friend and I have the Par Meter, pm, text or call to schedule pick up

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;245121 said:
List updated - 09bumblebee you are up my friend and I have the Par Meter, pm, text or call to schedule pick up
I won't be needing the meter. Due to some un for seen events the tanks will coming down.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Grabbed the meter anyway and did some readings.
90 - 2 ai sols (white's) w 2 t5
Surface - 865
1/4 way down - 445
1/2 down - 285
Sandbox - 200
The 90 was checked before the club had the meter so it's still doing well.

Frag tank 12" deep DIY Cree LEDs
10 white, 12 blue, 12 royal blue
Surface - 290
1/2 way down - 180
Sandbox - 150
Glad I checked the frag tank will slowly bring it up to 300 at the frag rack which is about 3/4 down on the tank. I was wondering why all my sps was loosing color. Zoas were reaching for light and my sunburst lost all its color.

On a side note the tanks are going to stay running for now.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: PAR METER - Rental Program

09bumblebee;245672 said:
On a side note the tanks are going to stay running for now.
Awesome!

So here are a few of my results:

90 Reef with two 200W Evolution LEDs 20k 8" above surface.
Above Surface: 1400
1/4 down: 920
1/2 down: 415
3/4 down: 338
Sand: 260

90 FOWLR with two 250W MH 20k 10" above water
Surface: 205
1/2 down: 65
Sand: 42

Watercolorsgirl's 55 Reef with two 120W Evolution LEDs 20k.
1/4 : 332
1/2: 175
Sand: 127

---------------------------------------
Should my Reef be melting? Lol. Everything up top is doing fine...

And what's up with the halides?

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member

Stzim;243711 said:
At a 9" depth my current 4 bulb t5s are giving me 160 par. 125 at sand. Bulbs are fairly new.
This sounds low. Are the ballasts going out?

For the MH, I had 1x 250w 20000K Radium @ 2' awl on an Ice Cap ballast and I was pulling 250-300 on the sandbed (tank was 2'H), so that sounds about right

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

H2O_intolerant;245713 said:
For the MH, I had 1x 250w 20000K Radium @ 2' awl on an Ice Cap ballast and I was pulling 250-300 on the sandbed (tank was 2'H), so that sounds about right
Wow. Mine are way off. These are older bulbs ( 14k Phoenix) I got from a member and are being driven with magnetic ballasts. Using my other IceCaps none of my MH bulbs have been as bright as the mag ones. I have been considering adding 500 more watts as my nems/softies seem to be fading. Maybe its time to just go LEDs on the FOWLR .

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member

WatercolorsGuy;245718 said:
Wow. Mine are way off. These are older bulbs ( 14k Phoenix) I got from a member and are being driven with magnetic ballasts. Using my other IceCaps none of my MH bulbs have been as bright as the mag ones. I have been considering adding 500 more watts as my nems/softies seem to be fading. Maybe its time to just go LEDs on the FOWLR .
I'd def keep running the mh on the mag ballasts, as opposed to the electronic ones, for the best par. A good reflector helps though, can't remember what mine was ( something elite 2, LumenMax Elite 2, does that sound right?)

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Squidbreath your up. Contact me as I have the par meter before this Sunday night or we will have to move on to next person.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I couldn't find my post asking to be put on the list so I probably imagined typing it. Would you add me to the list please.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Jeremiah;250020 said:
I couldn't find my post asking to be put on the list so I probably imagined typing it. Would you add me to the list please.
Got you added.

Munch your up man and I have the par meter at my house. Text,pm or call to come get it

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Smokey;250365 said:
I never got added to the list. I should be after fitz, then Jeremiah, then mcmarine.
I do apologize but as stated in the original post this is a perk for badged members only. Certainly we would love for you to participate once you become a member though. Also I believe that scmas has a par meter borrowing as well.