1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Pax Bellum Arid N18

Discussion in 'Equipment For Sale, Trade or Want to Buy' started by xacmitch, Jun 11, 2019.

1. xacmitch

xacmitch Registered Users

I'm selling my Arid N18. It's good for tanks 40-120 gallons. The thing grows chaeto like crazy. It was used for 6 months. I recently replaced the light tube assembly. I have the Maxijet 900 that I will throw in as well. I purchased all the quick disconnect fittings for it, making maintenance a breeze.

Asking $300 OBO

Attached Files:

2. xacmitch

3. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Why does the light tube need to be replaced so often (just watched a youtube that said about every 10-12 months)?

4. xacmitch

Personally, I don't think it needs to be replaced that often. I believe it is mostly because the tube can grow coraline on it, thus reducing the light to the chaeto. The assembly comes with the top and bottom grates and the bands to hold the chaeto to the light tube. I wanted the bands to be a little tighter around the chaeto. The one that I got with it originally seemed a bit stretched out. That's the reason I replaced it. For $25 it made sense to me to get a new one.

TheRealChrisBrown likes this.