Pc4 Mh

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Seems like it'd be easy but with wife being on bedrest I think I'm low on sleep and missing something:
I have a 400w light I'm plugging into the first channel of the pc4. It's s 120v ballast, should be pulling 3.3 amps so that's fine. I the metal halide setting and the light setting, both within time ranges that would have turned on but the light isn't coming on. If I plug the light straight into the wall outlet it fires up fine.
What am I missing? (Besides 8 weeks worth of sleep)

Last edited by a moderator:

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;356521 said:
a 500w light should be pulling more than 3.3 amps. That should be about 4-5 amps.
Haha...it's 400w/120=3.3

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;356534 said:
In a lossless system yes.
It should turn on regardless as the 1 and 4 spots are 8 amp max and the 2/3 are 3 amp. At least that's what I thought, which is where I could be wrong. Both my 150w heaters run off the 1/4 just fine so tank not the pc4.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;356535 said:
It should turn on regardless as the 1 and 4 spots are 8 amp max and the 2/3 are 3 amp. At least that's what I thought, which is where I could be wrong. Both my 150w heaters run off the 1/4 just fine so tank not the pc4.
Try running them on the 2/3 slots. Did you buy the rk new or used?

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
New when there was a nice discount on it about 2 months ago.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;356547 said:
Hmmm this is very unlikely but maybe a bad unit?
Ha m! Already had them replace the temp and on probes. Put an email into customer service about it and will see what they say. Had a good experience with customer service last time.

Zatalo

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Interrupted Update Process

To perform an "Interrupted Update,” go through the Update steps below until step 7. Once the green progress bar in your MyReef screen starts to move, unplug the module from the SID (not the SID from the computer). After MyReef completes the update, it will display an error message, "Update Failed."

Unplug the SID, close MyReef, then restart MyReef. Once MyReef is restarted, reconnect the SID. When the SID appears in the MyReef software, reconnect your Module to the SID. MyReef will show it as "?????", and you can select the appropriate Module from the list and it will reassign a new serial number. You can then re-update the unit by following the Update steps again, without the interruption.

The order in which things occur can be very important, so please be sure to follow the steps closely.

How to Update the Module

Do not attempt to update any of the modules while they are connected together, even if the software indicates that they need updating. Each module must be updated individually.

Here are the steps you should take to update the Module:

From a fresh restart of the computer, please make sure the SID is not connected to the computer and is not connected to the ReefKeeper system. The module should be unplugged from the power outlet or powered off.
1. Open the MyReef software application
2. Connect your SID to your computer via USB.
3. In myReef, verify that the SID shows up under “Systems” in the left hand tree view.
4. Plug in ONLY your Module. It should appear under the SID in the “Systems” on the left hand tree view.
5. Click on the ‘Update” button to the right of the Module. MyReef will display the firmware update screen and automatically select the most recent firmware version to update.
6. Click the “Program” button. The progress bar at the top of the screen will begin to move.
7. Once the Module has been updated successfully, verify that MyReef correctly reports the current firmware.
8. Close MyReef and disconnect the SID from the computer as well as the module.

Once that is complete, plug the module back into the ReefKeeper system.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I contacted digital aquatics customer service and the first time you program the metal halide function the controller does the 15 minute wait period. Reprogrammed it and waited 15 and bam, works. Knew it was something simple! Thanks guys for all the input.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;356778 said:
How are you getting them to help you? You must have really good karma and phone manors. Lol
Emailed support. Idk everyone keeps saying they have bad service but I usually get s reply back within a hour or two and even have had phone calls from the guys there following up making sure my problem was correctly diagnosed.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;356778 said:
How are you getting them to help you? You must have really good karma and phone manors. Lol
I have never had any issues with their customer service either. They have always been helpful and quick to respond. Usually If I call early in the day I can get straight through to a person as well.

That said I do know that have or at least had bad customer service in the past as there is just too many complaints about it online to not be the case.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I sent three or 4 e mails with questions along with 5 or 7 phone messages pleading for help when I had the storm that struck the house. I was actually trying to buy a new controller. Not one reply.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
For some reason I found my t5 were flashing when the ato turns off. They're on 2 and 3 spots in the pc4. Any ideas?