1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Pincushion Urchin - Strange white growth

Discussion in 'Inverts and other Marine Animals' started by Chamby112, May 19, 2019.

1. Chamby112

Chamby112 Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Hi all,

I have had a pincushion urchin roaming my tank for nearly a year now. He can be a pain as he likes to wear anything that isn’t thoroughly attached to the rock work. Recentlythough I have found these strange tiny white bubble like things floatingaround the tank. I spent a bit of time trying to find the source. It’s the urchin. Along its spines are loads of these little bubble like things. It’s not air, or sediment from the substrate. Does anyone know what this is or has had this happen before? I can’t find anything on the interwebs. Thanks for any help you can provide! I provided the best pictures I could get. Look to the base of the urchin. It’s not the little feelers, but something else in there.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado