Please tell me this isn't?

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sctip;356552 said:
I'm hoping this isn't poxs?

Close up
Yup, I have a thread on it as 2 of my colonies look the same. Furan-2 is supposed to treat with limited success. I would quarantine as soon as possible as it can spread through your tank fast.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Thanks. We've already qt and getting furan 2 and some coral rx just to try and help them some. They will stay there until it is gone.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Miah2bzy;356623 said:
Yup, I have a thread on it as 2 of my colonies look the same. Furan-2 is supposed to treat with limited success. I would quarantine as soon as possible as it can spread through your tank fast.
Let me know how yours go. Have you treated yet?

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sctip;356624 said:
Thanks. We've already qt and getting furan 2 and some coral rx just to try and help them some. They will stay there until it is gone.
I dipped everyhing I've gotten in coral rx. This is something that gets past that from what I've read in other forums. Right now I'm treating with tea tree oil, oregano oil, and thieves oil. Have been reading on other threads about tea tree oil working for some people, it's a very good antibiotic/antimold/antifingal. I tossed the other two in as they complete the top three oils for anti mold/fungus/viral/bacterial/etc. Seems to have stopped the regression but haven't seen any other improvement. I haven't had any other Zoas in the tank with signs yet either so that's good.
What's strange is my tank was newly setup with new everything and the Zoas came from trusted sources that haven't had any issues with pox yet, I've been keeping up with the two guys I got the Zoas from. Did this just appear for you or were these newly bought?

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Well in our outings yesterday I was unable to find furen 2. So I'll have to order it online while I continue to dip in rx.

ValG

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Sctip;356676 said:
Well in our outings yesterday I was unable to find furen 2. So I'll have to order it online while I continue to dip in rx.
Have you checked with Neptunes in highlands ranch? They usually carry fish meds in stock. It would most likely be double the price if not more compared to what it costs online though.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
I have not I live in fort Lupton. I'll be at aquatic art on Sunday for the meeting. But its a long drive for me to get there.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sctip;356682 said:
I can get it here Friday for $9
Nice! I ordered some from Amazon for Monday. So far the tea tree oil seems to be working, hasn't killed the Zoas yet and they seem to be pulling thru.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Well I have lost both colonies of rastas and now my bambams are infected and dipped for the first treatment today. I hope the rest don't get infected. This is starting to suck.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
So have you pulled all of your zoas out and put them in a separate QT tank? Are you treating with Furan now?

If you need a QT tank petco is having their $1 per gallon sale and I would get a tank for treating everything separate from your Display Tank. You dont need a HOB filter necessarily but they are reasonably cheap too and you can add carbon if need be into those. In my experience though with coral QT tanks, so long as you have flow, break the surface some with the flow from power heads, keep the parameters right (via water changes, no dosing) and top of with RO you shoudl be fine.
http://www.petco.com/petco_Page_PC_dollarpergallon.aspx
http://www.petco.com/product/4051/A....aspx?CoreCat=MM_FishSupplies_AquariumFilters

If you need to borrow a light, I have a 120w LED panel you can borrow as well.

Good Luck with this, I know this is a challenging pest to get through.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
I have a separate qt tank just not a good light for it. If need I can take a picture of the light I have I can also put a 24" t5 on it, will it be to much light?

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Please tell me this isn't?

I lost my armor of God colonies and my candy apply pink. I had moved all zoas out of my tank into a seperare one when I saw the first signs in the two colonies.
I noticed a few days ago that I had a colony of cars that started to look bad. I took a different route as the furan and tea tree oil weren't working for me and just cut off all the bad zoas, lost nearly half the colony of cars I had but that seems to have stopped it so far.
To me, It seemed like there was a tipping point for each colony where it would infect a colony closest to it. So far these three have been the only ones. I have not seen it infect multiple colonies yet only ones closest to the orgininal instigator.
I added carbon in a filter sock to my sumo and will be getting some more filters for my hob today to up that as well.
Hoping this will solve the situation in the tank.

Last edited by a moderator: