Quest Library 180 gallon Gorgonian/Caribbean Biotope Build

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Let me know if you need help moving stuff around or anything. What was the dims on that tank? Let's see if we can find you something that fits in as a replacement

Bdk1786

Butterfly Fish
If i recall correctly, @Fourthwind said they had one of the larger Red Sea Peninsulas, possible the 180, and a Red Sea 400 (maybe). Don't quote me on this. I can't reference my phone right now. But 20 or 25% off a system is very hard to pass up.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Everyone moved. Only missing the blackcap basslet but I’ll bet he wedged himself in the rocks somewhere.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Mike, is there anything that you need that club members may be able to help with in the short term? Just let us know!
Fortunately, I don’t think there is much that I need right now. Once I have a new tank I may need some containers to mix salt water, or I may have it delivered like last time. Just need some good ol hard work to clean out the old tank!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Open to suggestions on the old 180. I've been talking with the art teacher and unless someone wants this big boy and has some cash(which I doubt for a broke down tank) we were talking about dismantling it and using the glass for tables. I guess you could do about anything with it they are thick and heavy so they would make good strong table tops.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Today the fish and corals are all out and open. Gorgonians are pretty cool and resilient corals. I think I am going to start to hunt down more varieties once the tank is back up and running at full steam.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Open to suggestions on the old 180. I've been talking with the art teacher and unless someone wants this big boy and has some cash(which I doubt for a broke down tank) we were talking about dismantling it and using the glass for tables. I guess you could do about anything with it they are thick and heavy so they would make good strong table tops.
That might be a bit of a safety issue if it's not tempered. If it is tempered those would make great table tops.

Sent from my SM-G935V using MASC mobile app

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
That might be a bit of a safety issue if it's not tempered. If it is tempered those would make great table tops.

Sent from my SM-G935V using MASC mobile app
That would entirely depend on how its framed and what is under it for support. I'd say give it to the art teacher, I'd be curious what he comes up with for it. I love re-purposing things like that as well

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I am really unhappy and disappointed by what I found today. All of the fish have been fine since they have been transferred to temporary storage with a little hiccup. They suddenly popped Ich a week or two ago. I have been planning to leave them in storage and treat them once I have the tank back up and running. My plan was to get the tank up with the rock, sand, and corals let it sit fallow for the summer while caring for the fish separately. Once we were back to school and were Ich free I would reintroduce them to the tank. The only fish showing signs of sickness were the Royal Grammas. The 3 pygmy angels and the Swiss Guard Basslet were fine healthy and eating. Today I am checking in on them and feeding them and I cannot find the Swiss Guard anywhere. That was when I spotted what was left being gorged upon by a hermit crab. I don't know what could have happened over night. I assume something in the tank killed it while it was sleeping since there are so few places to hide now.