1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Quest Library 180 gallon Gorgonian/Caribbean Biotope Build

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by MuralReef, Mar 2, 2015.

1. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Let me know if you need help moving stuff around or anything. What was the dims on that tank? Let's see if we can find you something that fits in as a replacement

2. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

With the wheels falling off like this I won't be doing anything but a new tank!

SynDen likes this.
  3. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

If i recall correctly, @Fourthwind said they had one of the larger Red Sea Peninsulas, possible the 180, and a Red Sea 400 (maybe). Don't quote me on this. I can't reference my phone right now. But 20 or 25% off a system is very hard to pass up.

MuralReef likes this.
  4. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Secretary

[​IMG][​IMG] Everyone moved. Only missing the blackcap basslet but I’ll bet he wedged himself in the rocks somewhere.

Haddonisreef likes this.
  5. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

If for some reason you need a big stock tank. I have one you can borrow.

6. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

7. scchase

scchase Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

If you need to store anything let me know

8. MuralReef

Should be good, but I definitely have some gorgonians for you.

9. SkyShark

SkyShark Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Mike, is there anything that you need that club members may be able to help with in the short term? Just let us know!

10. MuralReef

Fortunately, I don’t think there is much that I need right now. Once I have a new tank I may need some containers to mix salt water, or I may have it delivered like last time. Just need some good ol hard work to clean out the old tank!

SkyShark likes this.
  11. MuralReef

Open to suggestions on the old 180. I've been talking with the art teacher and unless someone wants this big boy and has some cash(which I doubt for a broke down tank) we were talking about dismantling it and using the glass for tables. I guess you could do about anything with it they are thick and heavy so they would make good strong table tops.

12. MuralReef

Got to get this thing out of here though to make room for the new tank.

13. MuralReef

Today the fish and corals are all out and open. Gorgonians are pretty cool and resilient corals. I think I am going to start to hunt down more varieties once the tank is back up and running at full steam.

SynDen and SkyShark like this.
  14. zombie

zombie Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

That might be a bit of a safety issue if it's not tempered. If it is tempered those would make great table tops.

Sent from my SM-G935V using MASC mobile app

15. Ambrosio Aquatics

Ambrosio Aquatics Barracuda Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

16. Ambrosio Aquatics

Ambrosio Aquatics Barracuda Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

17. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

That would entirely depend on how its framed and what is under it for support. I'd say give it to the art teacher, I'd be curious what he comes up with for it. I love re-purposing things like that as well

18. MuralReef

We have been talking about etching it.

natanitelite and SynDen like this.
  19. MuralReef

I am really unhappy and disappointed by what I found today. All of the fish have been fine since they have been transferred to temporary storage with a little hiccup. They suddenly popped Ich a week or two ago. I have been planning to leave them in storage and treat them once I have the tank back up and running. My plan was to get the tank up with the rock, sand, and corals let it sit fallow for the summer while caring for the fish separately. Once we were back to school and were Ich free I would reintroduce them to the tank. The only fish showing signs of sickness were the Royal Grammas. The 3 pygmy angels and the Swiss Guard Basslet were fine healthy and eating. Today I am checking in on them and feeding them and I cannot find the Swiss Guard anywhere. That was when I spotted what was left being gorged upon by a hermit crab. I don't know what could have happened over night. I assume something in the tank killed it while it was sleeping since there are so few places to hide now.