Quest Library 180 gallon Gorgonian/Caribbean Biotope Build

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
+ 10 Agreed. Didn't you say you were going to host another meeting again soon Mural Reef? :)

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Thanks for the compliments guys.

RJ it was great to see you today and thanks for the reactor it was just what I needed!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Looks great man!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So I will be looking to place an order. Water tested rock solid again. 0 ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. Tested phosphates and an at .25 not great but improving.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
some type of grape caulerpa by the looks of it

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Definitely grape caulerpa. I would manually remove everything you can get your hands on. It's good at removing nutrients in a sump with 24 hr light, but it will grow out of control and go sexual in your display.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
zombie;358958 said:
Definitely grape caulerpa. I would manually remove everything you can get your hands on. It's good at removing nutrients in a sump with 24 hr light, but it will grow out of control and go sexual in your display.
I changed my refugium light schedule to 18 on 6 off and that's kept it from spreading out of control.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I'll just snatch it off and dump it in the sump. I'm running 24 hours anyway planning caulerpa in the sump anyway.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
MuralReef;358963 said:
It's grown exponentially over the last few days.
I throw away a gallon bucketful out of my 60 every week. It grows super fast.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
MuralReef;358963 said:
It's grown exponentially over the last few days.
It will do that, I throw away a few pounds of it almost every two weeks because it grows so fast. It does tend to go sexual from time to time, but honestly its not that big of a deal, just clean out the affected parts of the plant and your good to go.