1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Quest Library 180 gallon Gorgonian/Caribbean Biotope Build

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by MuralReef, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Munch

Munch Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Mike, I see your plans to turn the school into an aquarium are progressing nicely :)

2. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

View attachment 24535 Excellent!

Attached Files:

3. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Lol. Which room is next for a tank? The cafeteria???

4. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

Wife said I was cut off!

5. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

I believe 'home' is still in need of a tank

6. MuralReef

You are correct sir! I ended up using the light for my home build on the 40 breeder.

7. MuralReef

8. MuralReef

That was the light on the sump refugium. The zip tie broke and the light fell into the water. The cord totally melted through on the fixture. Fortunately no fire and nothing dead so far. I am not sure if the outlet on the EB is still functional.

9. MuralReef

This happened too! Kessil donated an AP700 so I have pulled the metal halide. So far so good Gorgonians don't seem to mind the LED vs. the metal halide. IMG_2308.JPG

SynDen, JuanGutz, neil82 and 2 others like this.
  10. MuralReef

Sorry for the sideways pics it doesn't like my phone.

11. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Looks good if u click the pic it turns the wright way, at least for me.

MuralReef likes this.
  12. neil82

neil82 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

I can't see the pics you posted but that sounds horrible. Glad for no fire or loss of life.

13. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Curious how the Kessil does.

14. MuralReef

Me too! I really like the shimmer effect so far. I programmed it myself to create the look I liked. So far the gorgonians look great, but I don't have any SPS to give you guys feedback on that.

SynDen likes this.
  15. MuralReef

Kessil has been rocking for a while now and the gorgs seem to like it. I will post pics this week once I am back at school.

16. MuralReef

So this tank is done! The seam on the front left failed this morning. I was called as I was driving in that water was pouring out of the library aquarium. I arrived to see about 8-12" of water missing from the tank, and water squirting our of the left side of the tank. The funny part was the librarian was trying to stop it by covering it with her hands! I now have about 12" left in the tank with the fish and some of the corals. Everything else is in brutes in the classroom. IMG_2656.JPG IMG_2657.JPG IMG_2658.JPG

17. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Geze mike .... Bad luck for your tanks right now. Not the tank we were semi expecting to blow a seam... Sad day.

18. MuralReef

Sucks even more since this tank was doing really well.

19. neil82

neil82 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

Aw man, sorry Mike.

MuralReef likes this.
  20. MuralReef

I will post up what we get to replace it as soon as I figure that out. I will be losing the 40 breeder, but I will try to have a fuge in the new system too.