R_P's 120 build!

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bad influence please. I can't help it your still in class lol. The end is near soldier friend the end is near

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
projectx said:
Come up w unreachable address?
wonder why the ago went nuts from the kalk
Don't know if the two are related or not. Maybe just a coincidence. I've been reading of people having issues with portal lately.

Sent using Forum Runner

Edit, fixed. Somehow my router changed the ip address for the WiFi module.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Guess I didn't end up sending the water in for testing before I started, bummer.
First dose of tech m went in, 5-25 .25c
Starting mg 1580

Update on bp, seems like if they've finally started working... for feel this time. Tested po4 last week, it was .28ppm. This week it's .12ppm. Should I take some bp out so that I don't strip the water to fast? Let someone borrow no3 kit, so can't test that.
I'm still feeding every day, once frozen or pellets and once freeze dried food. I don't rinse my food, just break and feed.

I turned off my carbon a few days ago, and it seems that everything hated that. But seems like there was some merit to the bp/ carbon thing. Maybe it was a coincidence, I'll be experimenting with that when the bp get more established.

One of my anthias is looking really thin. My fricking urchin won't stop eating my mangrove! Still need to scape, I threw in the rock I have currently and left it. Still need to make a canopy and redo my stand skin.

I'm thinking of getting the Maxspect Razor a few months after they come out. The thing is, I've heard the pricing anywhere from $400-$500. That's quite the jump. The other option is going DIY.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms said:
Pics Brah!!

Rinsing your frozen is a waste of time
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2012/3/chemistry

I say again, we need pics!!!!
Pics are coming, soon. I love that article, This is one I've read a few times (hard to believe right!). In a completely different direction, RHF isn't writing as lengthy articles in his elderly age. That I have noticed.

Blazinjack said:
How long have you had the BP running?
About 3-4 weeks. I've got the brs media in a nextreef reactor. I added mb7 for the first week of the reactor running. I actually bought some red sea no3:po4-x(it was on sale) in case they didn't start working soon. I'm using 3/4c on my 60g twv (I think it's 60 twv. I have a 60g and 20g sump, but with equipment, rock, and sand let's call it 60.

Sent using Forum Runner

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
So, my apt is crazy hot. It gets to about 78 at night with all the windows open and fans going. I think this is why my tank never seems to get below 80. With my halide going, it gets to about 85. My computer is still broke, so no recoding until it's fixed. I thought I set the overheat temp to 83, actually I know I did because I can adjust it on my phone. What I'm not sure I did was set the lights to turn off. Hopefully, my comp gets fixed this week. Anyways, I think the outrageous temps are causing my clams to die, sps to brown, and zoas to melt.

On the bright side, the algae is almost gone. Just need to h2o2 dip the frag rack. I don't think the brand of bp (brs I think) is very effective. The Red Sea no3-no4 x works awesome for me though. I have .02 po4 with me feeding frozen and freeze dried food daily.

Although I'm sad about my clams dying, my fish are doing great!

My current fish are: 2x occ. clowns, 2x lyre trail anthias, solor wrasse, yasha goby, and a Blenny. It's a little crowded in my 60 cube :( Guess it's time for a 100g+ peninsula tank ;).......

Sent using Forum Runner

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Jamie, get an ac ASAP! The summer has a long time left and livestock is expensive! Look on Craigslist or something.... I know it's not sexy but it'll save ya a lot of heartache.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have an AC, but the other half doesn't believe in turning it on. When I get the computer up and running, I'd like to try shorter but more light cycles....since I can't turn on the AC.

Sent using Forum Runner

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Huh can't run AC? Jeez that's cruelty!!! If you need someone to hold your clams and things I can help out as I'm sure a zillion others as well. Just ask and.its done