Recommended Clean up Crew??

www.reefcleaners.org has it set up so you can send them your tank size, fish load, etc. and they recommend a clean up crew for you. With the parameters I gave them, they suggested this. Would people agree this sounds good? I'm currently cycling right now so I don't have enough to support everything on this list. I would add more as my bioload increases. My finished tank will be a 75 gallon tank, 5-6 fish, LPS and Softies, so does this CUC sound right? Here is there recommendation:
50 Dwarf Ceriths - small effective cleaners
16 Nassarius
17 Florida Ceriths
14 Assorted Hermits
9 Large Nerite and 7 Small to medium Nerites
1 five pack of mangroves
1 chaeto and maybe some gracilaira

From what I have read on forums or in books, I would like to have:
Cleaner, Fire and Peppermint shrimps
Nerita snails (don't know how many?)
Astrea Snails (don't know how many?)
Emerald Crab
Blue Legged Hermit Crab
Scarlet reef hermit Crab

In my tank now I have a mini brittle or serpent star and a stomatella (both hitchhikers on LR), and 5 Red Legged Hermit crabs (bought yesterday). I thinki should add some snails soon because I'm starting to get algeal life.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just FYI, from what I've heard he may say 50 Dwarf Ceriths, but you'll get about 150. He gives extras of everything. Not really a problem, but just be ready for that.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks good to me.

This is just my personal preference, I don't like hermits. I like that they can get to areas snails can't, but they also hunt snails for their shells. Once they are no longer satisfied with the snail shells (too small), they then turn on each other. I started with 15 hermits, I now only have 2 walking around. I had a handful of ceriths and nerites I also threw in before the hermits, I have 2 nerite left. They can't help it, they're scavengers....so they scavenge.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've always heard that the rule of thumb as far as a CUC goes is 1 per every gallon of water that you have. The more the merrier, and I personally have always loved to have a big CUC but I've always used that as a general rule.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I would highly recommend a tuxedo urchin or two as well (or in place of 10 of the ceriths). I have two in my 55 with 20+ trochus (sp??) snails and they are almost keeping up a few more and I'll be done.

I do agree with the 1 per gallon estimate but have always been told urchins and sea hares etc. count as 5.

Good Luck and be sure to check out our sponsors for CUC too!!

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FYI, if you use the code "nano-reef" you will get 15% off at reefcleaners........ but you didn't hear it from me :) I wouldn't try an urchin untill your tank is much more mature, they lose spines and die from drastic changes, especially Nitrates. Also remember that if you have any "overnight shipping" critters (hermit crabs, urchins etc) or a custom crew you don't get the free "quick crew" shipping. And I wouldn't get chaeto or mangroves unless you have a sump, if you do I will give you Chaeto :)

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I do have a tank that has been running for 4+ years so the urchins may need to wait for a while, trochus snails however would be a good addition to the list or in place of some of the ceriths, the more variety the better IMO.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
daveydoodle;163994 said:
Great, free give aways to everyone on the site. Anybody want anything extra from this order, or want me to add anything for you?
Lmk, when your doing this I may be in for some. Just need to replenish some snails.

Since it's already Thursday, I'll probably order first thing Monday morning. Let me know whatever you'd like and I'll include it. I'll post again before I place the final order just to make sure anyone else doesn't want anything.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks, I'll take a look later today and get a list together. I have ordered from them before and they send a ton of extras.

Just want to BUMP this so anyone can let me know if they need anything. I'll definetly place an order first thing Monday morning as I need some snails, bad! Let me know if anyone would like me to include something in my order from www.reefcleaners.org for them.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
ok ima take a look ill pm you if i decide i want anything. i like his packages iv gotten thigs before from him

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
daveydoodle;164472 said:
Just want to BUMP this so anyone can let me know if they need anything. I'll definetly place an order first thing Monday morning as I need some snails, bad! Let me know if anyone would like me to include something in my order from www.reefcleaners.org for them.
PM sent. I work nights as well.

Sent all PM's back to confirm. I'll let everyone know as soon as our stuff is shipped. My kids can't wait to get all the little crawlers in the tank!