Red Mangroves

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok so I've decided to buy the cheaper mangroves off of ebay

I will not need/use all 16. I decided on these after some research, mainly WWM http://wetwebmedia.com/mangrovetrees.htm. More specifically where it says, "One thing is certain, though- you cannot move a mangrove between saline gradients quickly if at all! Aquarists are strongly advised to only seek un-sprouted seedlings. If there are any roots or leaves in evidence on arrival, you simply must be told what salinity the propagules were sprouted in. Failure to abide by this is likely to be fatal for the seedling..."

Wicked did a nice write-up, so in conjunction with his writings...http://www.ehow.com/how_7629684_grow-mangroves-seeds.html.

If anyone wants to jump on the opportunity speak up now. I think we'll have a pretty good experience starting up our mangroves.

If there is an issue with posting the link I will remove it, thanks for looking.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is a nifty lil' bit-o-info, I didnt know about the salinity acclimation.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh just read this lol "can live as submerse, emersed or fully terrestrial (if well-hydrated)." When are you planning to do this Jamie?

I'm interested in 1-2. Can they be shipped cheaply? Greeley is far IIRC.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes, if you click the ebay link you'll see the listing. They're really cheap. 8 for sure spoken for, with yaten (2), that's 10 spoke for, 5 left! Unless we get 30...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I thought a few others were jumping in on this, but not yet. Was thinking of selling the rest to one of our sponsors and let them sell, or I could sell out of my tank.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ok bought 30. total is $18.96. divide by 30 and pow! $.63 is price for each.
Totals for people:
Mantid: 7 picked up
Hurra: 6 picked up
Off the deep end:2 picked up
Wirick:4 picked up
Yaten:2
Mike.lemke: 2 picked up
BlazinJack: 4
Rocky:3 picked up

If my total is right, that leaves 0 still up for grabs. Of course, anyone who wishes to update quantity can.

Ok all sold, we got almond leaves as a free gift! Lol. Says delivery on the 14th, will update when they arrive.

Last edited by a moderator: