REEF ED - APRIL 12th !!!!! DONT MISS THIS!!!!!!!!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
:target::thumb:

DrBoxedWine

Cleaner Shrimp
Hello everyone, does anyone know if the educational demos are in the order of how they're listed here (the tank drilling would be first at 1:30, if that's the case)? I can't stay for the entire event, but I'm planning on drilling my tank soon so I'd really like to be there when that demo is going on :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
DrBoxedWine;304441 said:
Hello everyone, does anyone know if the educational demos are in the order of how they're listed here (the tank drilling would be first at 1:30, if that's the case)
TIMES and ORDER are now posted and updated in the FIRST POST. LOOKS like the glass drilling will be at 2:30pm.

Shinchan

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Silly question, but will there be any sort of food available (snacks, concession stand, vending machine?)

I will have 2 kids with me who both have hollow legs...

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ahhhh yes.... there is actually a full on restaurant with a bar inside the hotel. Also I assume there are several vending machines throughout the building too.

* side note - there is also plenty of lounge areas and chairs outside the ballroom for those not coral addicted :)

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haha. No plans for food at the venue, but there are a couple restaurants within walking distance. There's a sports bar/restaurant connected to the hotel, and a Denny's and Tapatio Mexican restaurant just across the street.

Bah...ninja'd by Chad

Last edited by a moderator:

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wish I could make it today! Hope everyone has a good time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Schedule of Events
1:00pm - Doors open to Public
1:30pm - Educational Demo #1
2:00pm - Raffle #1

2:30pm -
Educational Demo #2
3:15pm -
Educational Demo #3
4:00pm - Raffle #2
4:30pm -
Educational Demo #4
5:00pm - Doors Close to Public

Educational Demos:

#1 - Coral Dipping using Bayer Advanced Insect Killer - Yep thats right insect killer
#2 - Glass Drilling Demo - We'll be drilling a glass tank and installing a overflow kit
#3 - Rock-scaping with mortar - We will be showing how to use the Marco Rock mortar kit to piece together and bind your rock structure together
#4 - Coral Fragging Demo - Gonzo will be doing another fragging demo to show us how he frags corals

Last edited by a moderator:

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks to all of our volunteers, sponsors, and community for supporting the event! I think we had a great turnout...hopefully everyone is busy dipping corals right now. :)

I didn't get to see the rock go home toward the end of the show...but I heard the macro rocks mortar managed to hold the shelf+pillar together in just over an hour. Whoever it was that commissioned my work on that piece...please post a pic when you get it placed into the base! ;) That was a fun little build.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in reefed this year from Chad to all of our wonderful and generous vendors/sponsors and to all of the masc members that showed up to support them!

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Was really fun, very good event. Glad to have been apart of it. Thanks!