Reef Safe Wrasses....

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
nice! I like wrasses. Problem is, I like tangs a little more, and tangs means cleaner shrimp. Wrasses don't play nice with cleaner shrimp.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;254563 said:
The problem is going to be finding rock that has a lot of tunnels for the fairy wrasses.
Break out a hammer and chisel. You can't tell from the pics, but my scape has TONS of small channels and caves for fish to swim through. I also shaped the scape with mortar and intentionally left gaps without having to break away the rock.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;254568 said:
Break out a hammer and chisel. You can't tell from the pics, but my scape has TONS of small channels and caves for fish to swim through. I also shaped the scape with mortar and intentionally left gaps without having to break away the rock.

Good to know. What is the cement that people use to affix the rocks together? or do people still use acrylic rod and frag cement?

jagermeister

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a rhomboid Wrasse and a pair of potters wrasses coming at some point.
Where did you find the Potter's wrasses, if you don't mind my asking. I had a pair from a group buy many years ago but lost them when I moved and haven't seen them locally ever.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jagermeister;254582 said:
Where did you find the Potter's wrasses, if you don't mind my asking. I had a pair from a group buy many years ago but lost them when I moved and haven't seen them locally ever.
I have a buddy shipping them to me from Hawaii.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jagermeister;254585 said:
Well, if he's in Hawaii then that's where you can get the Redtail wrasses as well!
I can have him look for some. but he already has the potter's wrasses in QT.