reef savers dry rock

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Does some one here has the reef savers rock from brs ?? , my biggest questions is does it leach a lot of phosphate?

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Will it help if a do a muriatic acid bath ??

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea I read a couple of threads about that, I think I will order the rock and then do a muriatic acid bath rinsed and let it dry for a couple days

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just throwing this out there but the reef saver rock isn't porous. Brs does a test where they soak their rock in water and test the weight after. and reef saver did the worst. So not the best rock for a saltwater aquarium.

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
JuanGutz;368381 said:
Just throwing this out there but the reef saver rock isn't porous. Brs does a test where they soak their rock in water and test the weight after. and reef saver did the worst. So not the best rock for a saltwater aquarium.
Good point thanks

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Balz3352;368386 said:
It works it has for many aquarium and is a popular choice due to cost. Perhaps look at adding some marinepure to the sumo for added filtration. But if you can afford more than upgrade.
Man you guys are reading my mind, lol , I was just thinking on ordering a block of marinepure

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think I will go with the 50 lbs box of fiji dry rock and a block of marinepure pure I already have 40 pounds of live rock ,I think that will be enough for my 90 gallon

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
zinovate;368398 said:
I would watch the you tube from Brs on live rock. Very informative.
Thanks I did already and according to them the fiji rock is the best