Reefstock Raffle Items - What's Up For Grabs??

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wait.. I missed a bunch of Coralife boxes... ah.... Mini Aqualight T5s.

There, now we are an equal opportunity photon friendly raffle.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh my.... I found Julian's Thing.

I wonder if he knows it's here... oh, of course he does.... 'cause Two Little Fishies sent us a bunch of other goodies as well. Things like Tip Replacements for Julian's Thing (who knew?).

There's also CorAffixPro, ReVive, AquaStiks, C-Balance, ZoPlan, CombiSan, SeaVeggies, NanoMag version 2.0 and a reactor filled with 750 ml CDX.

And of course.... did I mention Julian's Thing??

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
This may be a dumb question but I'm a newbie to Reefstock. Where do the proceeds go for the raffle? Can you write this type of expense off lol? ;-)

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
coloagro;149380 said:
This may be a dumb question but I'm a newbie to Reefstock. Where do the proceeds go for the raffle?
+1 - actually I think it is a great question. Where do the proceeds of the raffle go to? Is there a hobby related benefit or cause the money made from the raffle goes to? It sounds like most of the items are donated?

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
It goes towards paying for speakers, their travel costs, the Aquarium rental and other fixed costs such as advertising and promotion. Reefstock is an event just like RAP or MAX... vendors contribute in order to get their product seen and advertised.

The hobby related benefit is bringing together speakers, vendors and products that you simply can't see anywhere else. Plus a great chance to win something cool in the raffle. :)

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
coloagro;149380 said:
This may be a dumb question but I'm a newbie to Reefstock. Where do the proceeds go for the raffle? Can you write this type of expense off lol? ;-)
No.... you can't write it off.... nor can you write off your purchases from the coral vendors and LFS that are present. :)

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's time to look into the boxes that keep on giving.... there are some cool toys to add to your system!

Proline Aquatics has provided us with a ZeoVit System as well as a UF15 Media Reactor filled with Bio-Pellets. Have Flatworms? They've included some Flatworm Stop as well!
http://prolineaquatics.com

Makers LED has provide two $25 gift certificates to Fosters & Smith.
makersled.com

JBJ has provided a nice Unibody LED for your nano tank!
jbjlighting.com

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rmougey;148333 said:
We will divide the raffles up into three separate drawings throughout the day. Items will be assigned a raffle time so you know which items will be at what time. You must be present to win, although you can always have a trusted friend hold your ticket stub. We have yet to set the times, but you can expect one mid-day, one mid afternoon and one just prior to close. We'll work the raffles around the speakers, as usual.

Raffle tickets will be 5/$5, 10/$10 or 25/$20. If you get 10 tickets (or more) in a single transaction, you'll also receive a 'Door Prize' ticket which will entitle you to participate in special drawings throughout the day.

We'll be using a Chinese Auction style ticket this year. You get a stub with one number on it, and it matches the tickets you buy, up to 25. Buy 50 tickets at once, you get two numbers (two stubs) to remember.

The tickets look similar to this:
^

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blazinjack;150139 said:
Rob, do you know if the aquarium will be fragging their corals again this year?
Yep... they sure will..... they'll have a tank with SPS for sale.... Should be near AquaticArt and the ORA critters.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blazinjack;150227 said:
Will it be a $10 donation again?
Are you asking about the corals that the Aquarium will be selling?? I honestly have no idea what they intend to do with their corals for sale......

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Maybe a dumb question, but do the tickets for reefstock allow for re-entry? I live close enough that I'm debating picking up livestock early, heading home to get them in my tank, then returning for the talks/raffles, etc. Whether or not I can re-enter is definitely going to determine whether I'm driving vs biking, and what size cooler I'd be willing to lug around all day.

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Easy Question: Is their Re-Entry to the show? I may have to tend to business for an hour but want to come back! Trying to make it an all day affair :) Anyone know? Thanks

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;150616 said:
Maybe a dumb question, but do the tickets for reefstock allow for re-entry? I live close enough that I'm debating picking up livestock early, heading home to get them in my tank, then returning for the talks/raffles, etc. Whether or not I can re-enter is definitely going to determine whether I'm driving vs biking, and what size cooler I'd be willing to lug around all day.
think thats what Brent did last year ....they give you an armband and you can come and go