Refugium light

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
A lot of people use a clamp light with reflector from Home Depot. $10 bucks and a 100 watt equivalent 6000k twist fluorescent bulb from Home Depot. $3 ish bucks. Any home store should have these and they'll grow macro really well. You can also use a 6500k led bulb the same way, but without the reflector part of the fixture (bulb has it's own reflector and will get too hot with another around it) the led will cost ya a little more but last longer and use less energy if that's a factor for you.

Most people run the light reverse daylight. Meaning at night when the tank light is off. This helps keep PH stable and maintain oxygen in your system. The other option, if using calurpa is to run the fuge light 24/7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
How long have you had it? Would be attractive price if it works well. Dimmable, or is it 225 1 watters? (Was hoping to find something better than a black box led with the whites left on or just the cfl bulb.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ah, don't LED's actually draw less watts in total than they are themselves or something I thought? Or like I said, probably going to be a bit too much power. Was hoping to find good leds that produce well on 60w or less, otherwise seems like there's not much more advantage over the right temperature cheapo bulb.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use a shop lamp reflector from Home Depot with a 6k bulb led equivalent in it and get great growth in my refuge. I was using red dragon and calerpula with great results and left the light on 24/7 to prohibit the calerpula going crazy.

It takes more computing power to do 1 search of Google than it did to send Apollo 11 to the moon.