Repair ai sol

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have two ai sol lights running off ai controller, the old one with the knob.

1 sol has 2 colors not working and the other sol has 1 color out. I'm not looking to spend money and buy new so I took the worse apart. it looks as if it's a problem at 2 different Leds burnt out. Makes me believe I can replace the bad pucks and be up and running???

which leads me to my questions.

has anyone had luck with replacing parts on these? Is it worth it?
and now the long shot, does anyone have a bad unit for parts?

Thanks in advance for any help, Mike

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was able to make 1 working light out of the 2. It will keep the tank going for now.
Since the bad sol has even more bad parts, not likely I am fixing, anyone need parts?

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Sorry so late, I had to replace the whole circuit board on one of my Hydra52's. It was under warranty so AI sent me a replacement board. Since then I needed to replace both power adapters which I ordered from AI and they were like $70 ea. So, while you can swap out the pucks...they aren't going to be cheap from AI.

I think your solution to make 1 good out of 2 bad was the right thing to do!

FragMan

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have several fixtures that I bought with my tank that I don't use. As far as I know some of them just need new drivers. If you are still in need let me know and you can come take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FragMan

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I should clarify the fixtures I have are AI Sol Blues. Sorry, should have stated that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk