Riddle me this....

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Contemplating an idear..

I have 3 tanks total; 125g at mid level, 75g and 25g at basement level. Was thinking about making it all into one system and running it to a 75gish sump on the basement level as well. The question/riddle is this; How do I get two tanks to gravity feed into a sump across the house when the two basement tanks and the sump are at the same height level? Both basement tanks are reef ready tanks with stand pipes....

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was trying to avoid putting it on the floor but am quickly thinking that might be the only way. Top of 75g sump to bottom of 75g overflow is 6". a 90 at the bottom of the display and a 90 at the top of the sump would only leave about an inch. Not a whole lot of room for mistakes doing the plumbing run and since it would go through a crawl space that has spiders and other icky bugs, I'm not sure how accurate I could be when measuring hangers for piping....

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can you make a wider stand for your 75 dt and put the 75 sump underneath? Then have the 125,75 and 25 all overflow into that?

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
you can't, gravity fed means in a downward sequence. but with a large pump you can maybe keep them linear?

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Off The Deep End;86297 said:
Can you make a wider stand for your 75 dt and put the 75 sump underneath? Then have the 125,75 and 25 all overflow into that?
no, the anal side of my brain won't allow it cuz a wider stand would make it stick out from the nook in the wall.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
SAZAMA;86299 said:
you can't, gravity fed means in a downward sequence. but with a large pump you can maybe keep them linear?
Yeah..was afraid of that answer. Hmm...guess I'll have to buy a new house...

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Off The Deep End;86303 said:
True. Where were you wanting to put the sump?
laundry room. Drains, electircal, water, all right there.

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
please post a build thread on how your gonna do it. I would love to see that. and maybe pm Kalgra he is an engineer.