July 2019 DTBC Meeting

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ok everyone the July meeting is going to be a DBTC SWAP and will be hosted by our fellow reefer, Jacob Hall (aka Halmus). Come and check out THE BUILD

Details:
Date: Sunday July 14, 2019
Time:
2pm Sharp - check in starts @ 1 pm
Place:
click HERE for a map and address 18988 W. 54th Lane, Golden 80403 - if map doesn't work please PM Halmus or a member of the BOD for directions and or address.

This meeting will count towards membership for those looking to become a badge member, just make sure you sign the sign in sheet or we wont acknowledge you were there :p Again this will be a DBTC Swap; meaning bring a coral to swap/trade, leave with a different one. For those that don't have any corals to trade at the moment, please still plan to attend as the past few times we have had dozens and dozens of coral left over that went up for grabs in the normal DBTC style.

HERE is the link for the Rules and Regulations on the DBTC program http://www.marinecolorado.org/forum/dbtc/instructions-for-dbtc/2840-don-t-break-the-chain-introduction for those that are new to the community or new to the DBTC Frag Swap.

There will be the same 3 SECTIONS as our normal DBTC program and we will have an elected decision maker on what corals fall where. The three levels we will have are as follows and I have included a brief description of each type so you can get a better idea of where your corals will fall.

Beginner: This category contains fairly common corals (non rare zoas, xenia, Kenya trees, etc.) These corals are ideal for members new to the hobby, as they grow well in newer systems or low light systems.

Standard: This category contains the majority of corals in the program, including SPS, LPS, etc. Members propagating this category of coral have a system capable of handling the coral they are asking for (i.e. established system of 4 months +, and satisfying lighting/water requirements for these corals).

Extreme: This category contains rare or normally very expensive corals (for example, bubblegum watermelon chalice). Members propagating this level of DBTC coral have a system capable of handling any coral they are asking for (i.e. established aquarium with lighting/water parameters suitable for these challenging specimens).

Check-in will start at 1pm .....there will be a cut-off time. It will be around 1:45-2pm (final cut-off time to be determined before) after the cut-off you will NOT be able to register any more corals so try to be there by 1:45 pm at the absolute latest please!!!!!!!

Frag Entry Process: Ideally each DBTC contributed to the swap, would look like this for all potential coral check in scenarios we might potentially use:
  1. Each Frag in Separate Pee Cup
  2. Pee Cup Top labeled on top with both frag name/type and username (either directly on cap or a label of some type of label placed on the cap)
  3. Hand written or printed list of all coral frags you are entering into the swap (hopefully this matches the corals you check in)
* If the coral name/type is unknown - don't worry we can help ID when you check, you can also post a clear picture under normal lighting (not all blue) here, and we may be able to identify before hand.
** If using zip lock bags for transportation, please use quality locking bags and plan to place a label on the bag for coral name/type

There will not be extra bags or pee cups there or time to re-bag them ...and nobody wants to take a coral home in their pocket :)

THERE SHOULD BE ENOUGH CORALS FOR ALL ....so even if you don't have anything to bring chances are that you will still go home with at least one!

and last but not least don't forget your COOLERS!!!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Oh ya! Let's do this, Get your frags cut!! Thank you Halmus for hosting, looking forward to seeing how the tank has progressed since last year

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I’m soo looking forward to this! Gotta see one of the best builds in the country.

Ps: I’ll be bringing Frags for anyone who doesn’t have any to trade. Thanks to those who took care of me when I was starting!

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I’m soo looking forward to this! Gotta see one of the best builds in the country.

Ps: I’ll be bringing Frags for anyone who doesn’t have any to trade. Thanks to those who took care of me when I was starting!

You must be drinking! Lol I’m gonna hope to make this need to see this set up! Agree one of the best this side of the border!!

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Can't wait! If you guys didn't make it to the frag swap at @halmus 's place last year you owe it to yourself to get there at all costs, seriously one of the best builds.....it's kinda like "fish nerd" Graceland!

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I'm looking forward to the event! I need to update my thread. Thanks everyone for the compliments. The Graceland comment might be my favorite. I had to pull up an image from when the KING visited my place....

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I'm looking forward to the event! I need to update my thread. Thanks everyone for the compliments. The Graceland comment might be my favorite. I had to pull up an image from when the KING visited my place....
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Chris- I have a request from my boss that you bring your wife along so that they can sit in the corner and make fun of us at the meeting. Hope she can make it.

I’m picturing them looking down on us....only not old guys. Don’t let your wife see this.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Chris- I have a request from my boss that you bring your wife along so that they can sit in the corner and make fun of us at the meeting. Hope she can make it.

I’m picturing them looking down on us....only not old guys. Don’t let your wife see this.

I’m trying to bring mine as well... they can all make fun of us!

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I really like this idea. Hope my monster tank is read for my birthday next year since I got to dodge anything happening on my birthday this year.

Opps wrong thread

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
View attachment 14980

Nothing fancy here but anyone interested in lockline return output covered in GSP?

I’ll be putting this one out for DBTC along with some other things I’ve got growing out in the actual frag tank. This is just taking up space in my QT system.

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I am planning on prepping a bunch of stuff for BLT’s. Does that sound good to everyone?

So, I’ll supply the toast, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and mayo.

If anyone has any special ingredients to spice up their BLT, feel free to bring it along.

Or, if anyone wants to bring some sides or deserts, feel free. Just let the group know so we don’t end up with five cherry pies. Although, that wouldn’t be the end of the world. I’d have breakfast for a week.

Also, I’ll have some beverages. If you have a favorite brew or soda, they’re welcome as well.