Ruby red dragonet behavior

lkoechle

Cleaner Shrimp
So i bought a ruby red from awuatic arts on friday, drip acclimated for 2 hours, put him in my display in a little cave area where I could see him. He hung out there for a total of 48 hours and I saw him foraging and picking, now he has been missing since Sunday afternoon. I can't find a body, never saw a migration of nass snails, or any other sign of death inside or outside of the tank. Nothing in the overflow or sump. Whats the likelihood of the little guy still being alive? He is in there with a juvie scribbled rabbitfish, two clowns and a solar fairy wrasse. I turn the lights off and darken the room when adding and as far as I know, no one even noticed a new fish was in the tank. Thoughts?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Could go either way. My mandarin dragonette dissapears for days at a time when the outside of the rocks are picked clean. He forages inside the rock work for a couple days and then moves back out where I can see him.

lkoechle

Cleaner Shrimp
Well thats promising then si ce this guys looks like a dwarf compared to a mandy... I will keep my fingers crossed then for now!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I had one for a time, think my starfish might have snacked on him though, but while I did have everyday was a hunt to try and find them. They blend in surprisingly well on the rock and they are so small so they are easy to miss and can fit in places you cant see. Id just keep looking for him

lkoechle

Cleaner Shrimp
Thanks, like I said he looked healthy and while not fat he wasn't too skinny so I would be surprised if he just keeled over and died.

I had a scooter blenny in my tank when it crashed. Couldn't find him anywhere. Rescaped my tank and two days later he came out of nowhere and he's happy and healthy. I wouldn't worry about him just yet.

Do you have a open top tank?my ruby jumped after being in The tank for 2 days, found it under the couch a week later