1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Ryan’s ever changing tank...

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by ryewalk84, Feb 25, 2018.

1. ryewalk84

ryewalk84 Amphipod

It’s been quite awhile since I’ve updated this and quite frankly I have not made much progress. I’ve been avoiding rescaling and now my corals will need a massive trim before that happens. But hey, at least everything is happy. The tank might be moving to a different room and that’s kind of why I’ve been putting it off. Here is how everything is looking today. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. ryewalk84

ryewalk84 Amphipod

Also please pretend that you don’t see the bleached coral. It fell over while I was gone and lost a lot of its color. However it’s coming back pretty quickly.

3. ryewalk84

ryewalk84 Amphipod

My tank will most likely [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]be moving to a different room and during that move I’d like to actually get a good scape in this tank. Looking for advice on height, shape and just overall opinions/recommendations for the rock. Tank is 72x24x36 tall. Planning to build up about 24 inches on one side and between 12-18 on the other.

JuanGutz likes this.
  4. ryewalk84

ryewalk84 Amphipod

Making some progress on the rock work. It took quite a few attempts to get the mortar mixed to the right consistency. I also kept moving things before it was ready so that’s on me. IMG_6523.JPG IMG_6524.JPG IMG_6525.JPG

JuanGutz, TheRealChrisBrown and JodiI like this.
  5. JodiI

JodiI Amphipod

Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk