Sad news - Gary Dodge has passed away

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
It is with a heavy heart that I share the news of Gary's unexpected passing. Many of you may remember Gary from past meetings, and some of you may remember him from his often cited website reviewing LFS here in Colorado. Gary's screen name was artfuldodger. Gary was involved in MASC and DARC as well as the Colorado Aquarium Society for many years. His sense of humor, friendship and willingness to help others will be greatly missed.

Gary had a large number of aquaria, which I'll be posting in the next couple of days. His critters will be available through Sharon @ Neptune's starting Thursday. Please pop into the store and see what's available. Proceeds from the sales will go to Gary's family.

The hobby has lost a great ambassador and I will miss my friend.

-Rob

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
That is terrible news.

My thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: Sad news - Gary Dodge has passed away

Thoughts and condolences to his family and friends. Def sad news to learn that we have lost another valued member of the community. Rob please let me know if I can help in any way. I'll be on the look out for your lead on aquaria sales proceeds going to the family, as I would like to attempt to sell a nice frag to donate to his estate.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;218679 said:
Thoughts and condolences to his family and friends. Def sad news to learn that we have lost another valued member of the community. Rob please let me know if I can help in any way. I'll be on the look out for your lead on aquaria sales proceeds going to the family, as I would like to attempt to sell a nice frag to donate to his estate.
+1

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sad news.
There were times when I wondered what happened to him. He used to be very involved here.
He will truly be missed.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is sad, Let me know if anyone needs help in anyway, willing to help. I did never get a chance to meet him but if he was part of this community he was family...

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gary was the first reefer I met from the old Colorado section from Reef Central. He was a great guy, and I almost hired him many years ago. The last time I saw him was a little over a year ago at the DBTC swap at the Mazda dealer.

HoosierDaddy

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gary was really great guy! I remember meeting him and he had a mazda miata that he raced that had hoosier tires on it and it said Hoosier Daddy on the side of the car :). He will be missed!

RIP Gary.

Had the pleasure of chatting with him many times from RC and DARC. He was a awsome guy to talk to when I was just getting into salt he could fix just about any problem you were having over a web page. My condolences to his friends and family, he will be missed.

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
may he rest in peace, and my thoughts/prayers to his family and friends.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Sad news - Gary Dodge has passed away

I have no idea how I missed this. Thanks for the pm Rob.

I remember a time that Gary came over to pick up a few corals and he stayed at my place for hours talking and helping me with thing that I didn't know! I am better for knowing him and he will be missed. I will miss his LFS reviews!

Rip, Gary and stay reefing my friend!

Martin

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I am sad! Gary was one of the first people I met in this hobby. He helped me many times and was a wealth of information and always willing to teach! RIP friend, you will be sorely missed by many!
Bill Bolton