1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Say hello to my not so little friend... GIGAS CLAM

Discussion in 'Clams - bivalve molluscs' started by JoshHill83, Jun 17, 2018.

1. SkyShark

SkyShark Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

How’s the clam doing? Alk and CA staying stable?

2. JoshHill83

JoshHill83 Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

They’re more stable, but not as consistent as I would like to see them. It sure loves alkalinity though. The clam seems extremely healthy though. And my clean up crew has finally cleaned all of the algae off of the shell. I’m really happy with it.

Haddonisreef, Rigo07 and SynDen like this.
  3. JoshHill83

Currently up to 120 ml calcium, 105 ml alkalinity and 230 ml magnesium per day. Running 2 apex DOS (1 head acts as my top off pump for my 90 on the second floor. Love not having to haul water up the stairs to fill the top off container any more.). I’m also dosing 15 ml phytoplankton for my small clams and gorgonians. Thinking about dosing strontium as well. I need to do more research on this, and it’s a pain to test.

Haddonisreef likes this.
  4. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Gonna get expensive dosing this thing should get a carx

5. JoshHill83

Yeah I assumed that would be in my future. I probably won’t get one until next year. As long as I can get this dialed in for the next 6 month or so I’m good. Eagerly anticipating the bed Apex trident to help with testing (I would likely test 6-12x per day for the first few months to try to figure out consumption on a micro level, then switch to 2x daily once it is dialed in.). Also, going to be at MACNA, so maybe I can get Terrance to hook me up! Likely not, but worth a try.

6. JoshHill83

Found this on bluezooaquatics.com for about $30. I appreciate the suggestion, as it was a good read and highly appropriate.

SkyShark likes this.