Sea hare

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I've now lost 2 sea hate and it happens over night. Thought the first one was ill when I got it now in thinking its the tank. It's my frag tank plenty for him to eat 2 hr drip acclimation and in the day when I put him in he's going to town on Algea than morning dead. Only explanation I can think of is the ph swing. Day is 8.12 and night it dropped to 7.79 are they that sensitive to ph swing? It dropped over 10 hrs not rapidly? I googled but couldn't find anything saying they are sensitive to ph swings I know everything is sensitive to ph swings but though its rapid changes in ph. It's in a well ventilated area and I have plenty of surface agitation. I'm even dropping kalk at night to try to get it stabilized. In not chasing ph but this is the only thing I can think of? I've had them before in my 90 for yrs and just don't get what's wrong.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Alk is 8.1 haven't checked cal in the past few days ill check. Last it was 430

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Alk and cal are the same as last week. 8.1 and 430

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sea hare

Did you get both from the same place? I got three from a fish store and all died just like that, no real explanation. I ordered one from AA and put it in the tank (5days after the other died) And it is still in the mowing down algea. I think some of these suppliers are pulling them from waters that are either cooler or warmer or something is different to the point they died. I also had a friend have the exact same experience. Jmo

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dbarnes;243969 said:
Did you get both from the same place? I got three from a fish store and all died just like that, no real explanation. I ordered one from AA and put it in the tank (5days after the other died) And it is still in the mowing down algea. I think some of these suppliers are pulling them from waters that are either cooler or warmer or something is different to the point they died. I also had a friend have the exact same experience. Jmo
Hmm yep same place probly same shipment. That would make sense ill try elsewhere.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sea hare

I got one from Catfish Charlie's for a friend and its doing really good. He had a few more.