Seeking Fish and inverts!

andre

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hi,
I have a 60 gallon cube, currently set up, cycled and running with some softies, lps, and sps, plus 2 clown fish and a diamond goby (and snails/conchs/hermits), and I'm looking for some more fish for the tank.

Looking for non-agressive reef safe fish, specifically:

-mandarin! (if eating flakes/pellets/frozen)
-pajama cardinalfish
-royal gramma
-blenny (specifically bicolor/harptail)
-bartletts anthias or similar
-blue/blue green/agile chromis
-orchid/splendid/sunrise dottyback
-firefish
Jawfish (black cap, blue dot, similar)
-carpenter's or fairy wrasse
-flame hawkfish (if ok for reefs)
-goby (court jester preferred).

Would also love a flame/coral beauty angelfish if ok with reefs.

Also looking for tuxedo urchin, brittle star (pref. yellow), and skunk cleaner shrimp.

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you plan on stocking heavily, I would avoid the 6 line and the damsel. They can turn into bullies real easy.

Sent from my SM-G935V using MASC mobile app

andre

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you plan on stocking heavily, I would avoid the 6 line and the damsel. They can turn into bullies real easy.

Thanks for the advice. What constitutes "heavily"? I had read that the azure and yellow tail damsels were more mellow - not correct? Should I get the existing yellow tail out now? I hadn't heard that the six lines were so aggressive.

andre

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just got in some blue reef chromis. These are pretty cool Have regular chromis as well, along with a purple firefish.
Are these captive bred or wild caught? Trying to stay away from wild caught if possible unless they're "used."

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks for the advice. What constitutes "heavily"? I had read that the azure and yellow tail damsels were more mellow - not correct? Should I get the existing yellow tail out now? I hadn't heard that the six lines were so aggressive.
Any more than 6 fish total in that size tank and the damsels will likely start territory wars potentially killing fish. You might get away with the one you have, but definately dont add more damsels.

A 6 line is less aggressive than a damsel, but they can get very aggressive when they don't have adequate space to themselves and tend to be aggressive to anything with a slightly similar body shape including fairy wrasses and damsels. A much better choice for a that type of wrasses is a melanarus or Christmas (assuming you have proper sand bed for one).

I would not put a tang of any type in a 60 cube. Not enough swimming room and they will start scalpeling other fish. They need a 4ft tank of at least 75 gallons and even that is really pushing it.

andre

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Any more than 6 fish total in that size tank and the damsels will likely start territory wars potentially killing fish. You might get away with the one you have, but definately dont add more damsels.

A 6 line is less aggressive than a damsel, but they can get very aggressive when they don't have adequate space to themselves and tend to be aggressive to anything with a slightly similar body shape including fairy wrasses and damsels. A much better choice for a that type of wrasses is a melanarus or Christmas (assuming you have proper sand bed for one).

I would not put a tang of any type in a 60 cube. Not enough swimming room and they will start scalpeling other fish. They need a 4ft tank of at least 75 gallons and even that is really pushing it.

Thanks! I've updated the list. Without the damsels, what kind of stocking would work in my tank? Going for variety/color/personality/movement. I would appreciate suggestions. Best way to get the damsel out? The 2 liter bottle trick?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks! I've updated the list. Without the damsels, what kind of stocking would work in my tank? Going for variety/color/personality/movement. I would appreciate suggestions. Best way to get the damsel out? The 2 liter bottle trick?
Another clown would be good so you get the pair interaction which is much more interesting than a clown by itself.

Personally this is what I would do given your stock list in order they should be introduced no more than 2 small fish at a time (QT for 1 month min) or 1 medium fish at a time.

- clown pair
- chromis
- blenny
- firefish
- fairy or flasher wrasse
- goby with pistol shrimp
- melanarus or similar burrowing wrasse
- Angel if you're willing to risk it. If not 2 small or 1 medium fish from your list.

If you decide to get the damsel out, the soda bottle trick is the best way.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I've had my 6 line for over 7 years now. He's super docile, never aggressive with any tank mate. I wonder if it is a case by case basis fish? The 6 line is constantly moving in the tank, even at night I see that guy moving around. I also have a Yellow Coris wrasse, and he is a giant turd every time I introduce a new fish. Usually for a week or so I can count on it being super aggressive, then just backs off. It's odd, I think he's just a grumpy old guy....and shakes his fist to keep the young whipersnappers off his lawn.