Semi Snowflake

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I bought this snowflake and my other fish chased it around the tank so now I have it in a 10 gallon. Looking to get 30 for it. I can post pics after work. Also willing to trade for a frag. No zoas lol I am zoa'd out...

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
it's still small, but not like new born small. maybe 1.5 inches long. it's been in a 10 gallon most of its life. I've only had it under a week though and it's been in that 10 gallon minus the 15 minutes it got chased in my dt lol

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I believe it is already a mature female from the bit of history I have on it.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've had ocellaris clowns spawning before they hit one year old (snowflakes are in this category). Percs I have had spawning at between one year and a year and a half.

sugaree

Cleaner Shrimp
The snow came from Zooid. Born Sept. 26, 2010. I believe he had two other siblings with him/her when I purchased her on May 13, 2011. She/he was in my tank without another clown from this time up until Denvercherub got her from me on June 16th 2011.
Hope that helps.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
sugaree;99700 said:
The snow came from Zooid. Born Sept. 26, 2010. I believe he had two other siblings with him/her when I purchased her on May 13, 2011. She/he was in my tank without another clown from this time up until Denvercherub got her from me on June 16th 2011.
Hope that helps.
Holy Crap! What are you? an accountant? I have to write down my kids birthdays..no way I'd remember details about my fish like that...yikes...I need to order some glinko or put down the wacky tabaky me thinks...hmm...what were we talking about?

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Since she was alone for so long she will already be female she may not spawn yet but being all alone she will of transformed from what I read. Zooid will know best !

sugaree

Cleaner Shrimp
Boogie;99701 said:
Holy Crap! What are you? an accountant? I have to write down my kids birthdays..no way I'd remember details about my fish like that...yikes...I need to order some glinko or put down the wacky tabaky me thinks...hmm...what were we talking about?
Nope, not an accountant. I was just keeping notes since my plan was to have her be part of my breeding stock one day.

chrislorentz;99706 said:
Since she was alone for so long she will already be female she may not spawn yet but being all alone she will of transformed from what I read. Zooid will know best !
I have a regular Oc that was alone for just over a month and he immediately took the submissive male role when a larger, more aggressive snow was added. He was roughly the same size as the semi-snow DC's trying to sell. I'm def. a noob regarding all things saltwater but thought I'd share my experience.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well fish has a new pending home. My roomies tank lol I didn want to give him it but I don't want to keep the poor fish alone in a 10 gallon...

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
He has a female but when he put this new one in with her they just fought like crazy I guess

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
jeeze nosey chris it's a little irritating to have you hijack my thread to block my sales... there's only one in the 10. I can buy another for the 10 i suppose but isn't that kinda mean to keep them in there?

sugaree

Cleaner Shrimp
DC, from what I've read people often keep breeding pairs in a 10g setup. A lot of them typically have sumps but I've also seen setups that are stand alone without a sump.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
OO I would die of guilt sticking it in a sump lol I have it in my roomies tank but there's 2 clowns in there already. none are fighting but I think i will end up setting up my cube again and getting another snowflake lol.

sugaree

Cleaner Shrimp
Dude, I'm not suggesting you stick the fish in the sump. :p I was saying that people who keep pairs in 10g setups typically have a sump connected to their system.