Sexy Shrimp

I am entertaining getting 4-6 Sexy Shrimp, will they infiltrate the anemone that the clowns are hosting? I also have a frogspawn and a kenya tree they can host. Please interject with your experiences and opinions of keeping them I have a 34g tank that is very stable and only have 2 other types of shrimp a blood and a camel.

Thanks!

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
They will host whatever you have. I had 3 sexies I just got rid of and they would move from my anemone to my frogspawn to my hammer. When they were in my other tank they would host my yuma ricordea before I got a porcelain crab.

Keep them fed.

Thanks for the advice, I wanted to ask cause I hear they can eat zoas and what not, that's the last thing I want! I may hold off for another time or tank. Any shrimp eat algae or stuff that's not coral?

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
My sexies did go after my zoa's when hungry. Besides witnessing it...one went in and here hads glowed with the zoa color. Another time I saw here poop and a stream of color came out of here. I had more than one and never did see the male touch the zoa's so i'm sure it just depends...can get a bad apple of any species. Just hard to tell who is doing it if you have 5-6 that all look the same.

I was trying to keep a feeding to a minimum and that isn't enough for them. I had to target feed them and if I went late on a feeding i'd catch them messing with stuff. Ended up having to drop food in before work to hold them over.