She's not gonna kill me build thread!!

Legonch

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Doesn't this type of filtration leave quite a lot of impurities in the water? What I've read says you may still have some Tds in the water.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes tds mag alk calcium. Why would you want to take those out. I do know at least one coral vendor that has the bad ass corals everyone wants and he uses it.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Andrew is not able to post pics for some reason... Here's some of the sump and plumbing. I'm waiting on the tank shots Andrew! Get on it!

Sump and fish room in the basement about 30 feet away from the 1st floor display. What pump are you using Andrew? How's the flow?

Legonch

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Pretty good looking sump there man. Nice job on the plumbing! Big holes in the floor....yikes! hopefully not hard wood above all that.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Baja mike and cake boss really helped with the plumbing. It is 15 ish feet of vertical and 68 feet of horizontal. Pump is going to be reeflo sword tail. If it isn't enough will us a hammer head. But honestly only looking for 300-500 max through sump.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Legonch;642589 said:
Pretty good looking sump there man. Nice job on the plumbing! Big holes in the floor....yikes! hopefully not hard wood above all that.
It is laminate flooring. I have a whole box to replace any spots that may need it.

Legonch

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Im jealous dude.......sump in the basement, no water under the tank upstairs....pumps exposed.....skimmer wide open.....oh to dream......=) Chris has all his stuff downstairs also. Totally awesome setup.

My floors are hardwood.......doh!

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Legonch;642649 said:
Im jealous dude.......sump in the basement, no water under the tank upstairs....pumps exposed.....skimmer wide open.....oh to dream......=) Chris has all his stuff downstairs also. Totally awesome setup.

My floors are hardwood.......doh!
What type of hard wood. You could always refinish as long as there is a transition. Or you could run it in the wall as long as you insulate if wall is exterior. Dry wall is easy to fix.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Balz3352;642664 said:
I'm running through the wall. Eventually. If I ever get mine going... Looking good Andrew!!
Thanks hopefully I will have water in it soon. I am debating if I want to make rock structure and cure in tank or down in sump where I can black it out.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
MORE PICS BRAH!! Especially that handsome man with the black shirt. He's a hottie. Have you got his number?

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well it's official made 200 gallons of saltwater tonight and she is flowing. Love the kold steril but looks like I am gonna need a bigger return pump

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Andrew_bram;n642877 said:
Well it's official made 200 gallons of saltwater tonight and she is flowing. Love the kold steril but looks like I am gonna need a bigger return pump
Shoulda listened to Mike the first time. LOL