Sigh...

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
So didn't put my mp10 cover on and one of the nems spent the night taking a beating. Looks like a lot of tentacles, odds it will recover? Stupid nem HAD to move...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Considering that they can recover from being split in half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one crawl into a pump. Turned the pump off at let it pull itself out on its own. Recovered fully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
he lost 100% of his tentacles, but hope he makes it. Then curious to see what he looks like when they grow back. Only green base left and he WAS a sunburst.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hard to tell sometimes they do sometimes they don't. I can't remember but I thought I heard actually don't try to feed it during this time? Dunno I might try a tiny bit of mysis on it's mouth once it's settled somewhere or in a hang in tank basket. They do take quite a while to recover.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Update for those that care. From what I can see it looks like he is healing up. However he crawled under a rock and I can't see his mouth....I think he may recover from what I can see...will give him till this weekend to come out then I am going in after him.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
We have an anemone that has been struggling, He is healing and hides for however long he wants. My advise is to leave him as long as he wish's to stay hidden, When he is ready he will come out, if he was going to die I think he would have already, the dark and quite may be what he needs right now.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea, I don't really want to cause more stress by moving him. However he is attached to a rock with another rock as an overhang. Basically I just want to get a good look at him and can do that without even touching him just need to move 2 rocks to get a good look. If he looks good, GREAT! If he looks like anemone normally do while they are dying, he's gone because I can't afford to risk a crash. I have got 4 other anemone and other corals to think about...

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
True, but as long as he is firmly attached with his foot he is probably OK. In my experience if the foot is sound he still has a chance to pull through.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got a decent view of his mouth last night and he looks like he will be fine. Sorry, none of my sunburst are for sale at this time.