Skimz CM113 vs MRC CR-1

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Ok I have one of each

The MRC CR-1 that I have cleaned up and need the recirculate pump and the feed pump. I have found that a Maxi 1200 or mag 2 will work for the feed. I have no idea what pump is used for the recirculation. So if anyone knows what kind of looks I need to buy to make this reactor working please let me know. I also like the idea of the reactor being out of my sump I have enough in it already.

The skimz CM-113 is a small reactor witj a DC pump on it which is controllable. Not sure why I need the recir/feed pump to be controllable but it there. It seems like a decent design with the exception for the top is a pain in the ass to get the o-ring seated correctly to prevent leaking in-between the lid and the chamber.

My tanks are 155 gallon capacity and is stretching the limits of the CM-113 the MRC needs two pumps, a o-ring for the lid, and a bubble counter.

I have Mike's Dr.Harlemtutu or whatever his name is this week, regulator with a solenoid to be controlled either by the apex or a Milwaukee pH meter able to energize my solenoid if the pH gets to low.

My questioons are:

1. Is the CR-1 worth the extra money needed to make it work?

2. Does anyone have either of these reactors who can let me know how they are working for you?

3. With the limits of the CM-113 at 130 gallons how much of a risk would it be to try this reactor? The CR-1 is capable of 300 gallons.

Please help me decide on the best route for my tank. I think I already know but need a little encouraging to spend the money to be able to use the MRC when I have a functioning reactor. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Ok I also need a bubble counter and check valve and recommendation's of which ones to use?

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'd use the cr-1, so do u have the aquiraum plants regulator that doc had? If so I'd order check valves from them get two and use both of them just to be safe. Hope this helps

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Sctip;657182 said:
I think so, or I am assuming it is.

It's the regular I had before I got the aquarium plants. I kept it as a back up for like 2 years. The cr1 is what I just got. I have heard they are pretty good compared to just about everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Dr.DiSilicate;657189 said:
It's the regular I had before I got the aquarium plants. I kept it as a back up for like 2 years. The cr1 is what I just got. I have heard they are pretty good compared to just about everything.

Thanks Mike I have decided to use the CR-1 just need to get the recirc pump Blue line hd10. And a feed pump mag 2. What pumps are you using on your tank?

I will be selling the Skimz CM-113 reactor.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Any check valve will I have the blue line 10hd and I feed via manifold from my return pump which is a wave line 10000II.