1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Slow build

Discussion in 'Newbies Corner' started by Angelo, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Angelo

Angelo Copepod

Finally got some help getting the aquarium on the stand. Finishing up dry compartment on the left. Going to wrap with live edge and epoxy. 2nd pic is the plan. 20180721_194027.jpg Screenshot_20180719-171014_Pinterest.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using MASC mobile app

2. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Cool idea!

3. Angelo

Angelo Copepod

I'm building it with my dad so wish me luck. Been practicing with epoxy. That's my only worry.

Dr.DiSilicate likes this.
  4. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

I like it. You got a great start there's. What's your stock list for it?
    I've done epoxy a few times and it can be very nerve wracking, but practice helps a lot. Try some practice pours ahead of time if you can. A small.piece or two will help get the steps down, so it's not so crazy when you do the final pour.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using MASC mobile app

5. Angelo

Angelo Copepod

Yeah. Had a few small projects that worked out. The tank is going to be a mixed tank. Have a 55gal going pretty well. Doing everything manually. The 180 will have Neptune everything so I'll need to get that going. Here is my practice tank. 20180721_114242.jpg

SynDen likes this.