Smileys Place

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So......

Let's get this party started.....

Typical ranch with unfinished basement... Plans are to have a 210 display in living room and the rest in the basement. Equipment accumulated:

A few different stands
65 frag flat
75g sump
46g sump
75g
40 breeder
33 long
An acrylic divided invert tank
2 metal 55g stands
An older apex lite
A newer apex
Bubble magus nac7
A bunch of assorted pumps and heaters
4 of the 48" reefbrites
48" nova extreme slr 4 bulb
A bunch of other ****...

So far I'm thinking of a 125 refugium with 3 par38 pendants. Below it a 75 sump running 2 skimmers. This will feed my frag table and a 200ish gallon display in the "man cave". I also am thinking about building a bar with possible cubes on each end for predators. There might be a dart board, a poker table, and a movie projector in this so called man cave. Upstairs above said cave is the living room in which will house a 210g on the black and oak stand I built back in the day. The stand has room for a dog crate in it which will hold my viscous doggie while you strange people come visit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Smileys Place

You got a lotta water planned bro. Which tank is to start the party?

Have any rock brewing?

You need a bigger skimmer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's a start, walls for fuge area are sealed, just waiting for Matt to bring over the 125 to put on top...

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
All I have is about 10 buckets of sand I've accumulated over the past 3 yrs. All has been rinsed, bleached, and sat in sun for weeks before going in buckets.. I figure I'll need a ton of rock, not quite sure where to get it or if I want to start live or dry.. I'll get the refugium and sump running by Jan 1, and start planning for the displays... Still need to stain the oak stands..

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I need to get a return pump... Must be able to handle 15 head and 20' run.. Also feed multiple tanks. Pretty sure I'll go with a reeflo...

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;366202 said:
You need a bigger skimmer.

Naaaa just another Nac 5.5-8 . The Nac 7 was super underrated. If he could find a atman 4000 skimmer pump he wont even need to change his skimmer.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll get an eshopps skimmer.. They are pretty much a bubble magus with a sicce pump..

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I have a reeflo Barracuda in my basement pumping up one floor to the living room, it's awesome. If you are ever in Loveland and want to check out what I did let me know.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sounds like a man with a plan. Can't wait to see this all come together. Are you planning on plumbing everything together as one system?

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It will be one system, but it will have the ability to be split... My sump will have a skimmer on each end with return pump in middle...basement system will run off right side, living room run off right...

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Smiley;366203 said:
It's a start, walls for fuge area are sealed, just waiting for Matt to bring over the 125 to put on top...
I'll Call the guy with the truck tomorrow!