So you want to upgrade your Sicce PSK -2500?

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Me too. After numerous internet searches, I decided to buy the Aquamaxx Red Devil impeller. (Good luck finding it in stock anywhere, but I got mine after a 3 week wait from MarineDepot.)
First, take the volute off. I like using my channel locks to get the volute off. Spin it counter-clockwise, if you didn't know. Time to use your man muscles here, it's a doozy.
View attachment 10800

After you take the volute off
View attachment 10802

Twist this piece counter-clockwise 90°.
View attachment 10806

Pull that piece out, the impeller assembly will come out with it.
View attachment 10808

Pull the impeller assembly out of the black piece (no idea what the name is, some sort of housing?)
View attachment 10809

Mine was broken, but this is the layout.
View attachment 10810

Replace the OEM impeller with the Aquamaxx impeller and put everything back together. When putting the volute back, lube the o-ring so that it slides in better (I rub saliva on it)

I think they look exactly the same, except for the red color of course. You decide.
View attachment 10811 View attachment 10812

And that is how you upgrade the impeller on the Sicce PSK-2500.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: So you want to upgrade your Sicce PSK -2500?

About the same, if not a little more. I think I need the AquaMaxx silencer, so far I've tried the SWC and and one that came with the bubble blaster silencers.

The performance is way better, in terms of bubble production.

There is one big issue, not sure if it's caused by the new impeller or my pump is crappy, there is a terrible clicking noise every once in a while. So much so that I've stopped running the skimmer.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: So you want to upgrade your Sicce PSK -2500?

Ok, trying to get this working today. The update works great in a bucket. When I physically cover the air intake it starts clicking. With that logic, could the silencer be restricting air flow to much?

Only one way to find out