sooper dooper, razzle dazzle 29 gal build

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
So this will be my third tank, technically it isn't even my tank, its the g/f's. This is an Oceanic 29 gal AGA. I will have a mixture of real and fake coral. I don't even know what she's planning on stocking. My job is simply to build a rock wall and plumb it. She will be doing the aquascaping.

rockwall in progress

How do I put the zpoxy on? Can I use other epoxy? Where can I get zpoxy locally? Thanks for looking and keep checking in to find out where the adventure leads.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
guess I should update this, but I'm just sooooo lazy. I siliconed the back to the glass and put rock on it. Painted 2 sides because the sun will hit it from the side and I don't want algae growing behind the wall. I filled it and cycle got a jump start a few days ago. It was sold to me as a 29 gal, but only 20 gal fit. Oh well, the sump is 30-40 gal. The issue I'm having is that the top trim isn't glued together anymore and water gets between the trim and slowly leaks out, my union leaks and I can't get it any tighter, still haven't figured out fuge lighting. Will post pics when I'm not such a lazy POS

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks guys, got a korilia to increase flow at the bottom. Don't know what I has thinking, I angled the return outlet up...as in if the return pump is set to high it'll shoot water out of the tank. WTH, I know!

Since this is the third attempt for the gf to have her tank, she already started planning. Already bought the black/white clowns. Thinking of a sunburst from premiere. Besides that, had a nice talk with Mike about stocking and sounds like LPS, softies are the way to go. But I'll leave her to buy her own coral. It's her tank right?

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mag 7 went out. Not sure when, I noticed that the water wasn't flowing. Pulled it out(weird) and top of the pump was dry, but is was fully submerged? WTH? Either way, the pump was pretty hot. Noticed that the back side was a little open, tried to pry it open but it doesn't seem to open like that. Tried to close it, but of course it won't. Anyone have a fix, besides getting a new pump?

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Couldn't leave it alone, had to further investigate. Found the issue. The plastic casing cracked under the o-ring. What do I do? Do I make a clean break and fix it, or would my time be better spent buying a new one?