Started a kent tech m bryopsis treatment Friday

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I have been trying for the past couple months to keep the bryopsis under control that I got on frag. Was doing pretty good but the stuff just kept coming back. As of today I have really started to notice the BHA changing from a dark green to a light green and some of the BHA has even started to turn translucent.

No ill effects to the tank inhabitants as of yet. Most of my corals have even colored up some. i should have taken pictures but the outbreak was minimal so it would have been hard to see in the pictures.

Anyone else do this treatment to kill off the BHA? I am curious as to when I should change my water after all the nasty stuff is gone.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Will the kent m raise it Aaron?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
you should be pulling out as much of the algae as possible when it starts to die off

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
its probably an insignificant increase unless you are adding a whole at a t ime

heres a quote from randy holmes farley
"A 100 ppm addition to magnesium with any brand of additive (except maybe Seachem which may be higher due to their unusual recipe) will add about 0.4 ppt to the salintiy, so 35 ppt to 35.4 ppt, or sg 1.0264 to 1.0267
"

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
it doesn't drop in between doses, if you start at 1.026+ and treat for a week straight you will nuke your shiz.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
wicked demon;115155 said:
it doesn't drop in between doses, if you start at 1.026+ and treat for a week straight you will nuke your shiz.
i didnt have that problem but i just followed the directions and used the max everyday but if your not following the directions than yea you might have some issues ...lol

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Update:

So I ran out of the bottle I got last week the day before yesterday, and I just had no time to run out and get another. However I saw about a 80% decrease in the amount of bryopsis I have. All the bryopsis that was growing on any frags was the first to go, which makes me super happy. All I have left is a couple small patches which I will be easy to get rid of once I get another batch.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Make sure you complete the treatment, Tech M only stops it from growing, doesn't kill it, the treatment needs to be sustained for at least a couple weeks to ensure you stifled its growth enough to allow competing organisms and algae to take over.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Since it has been a few days, I will restart it in a few days. I really need to do a water change and then find some more of either the kent m or the brightwells. Thanks for the input, sucks that it does not kill it off completely.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i have heard other mag. supplements dont work by enough people that i believe it ...i also tried seachem (i think it was) and it didnt work for bryopsis

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have read several threads that says the brightwells works as well, Lance (projectx), has even used the Brightwells in both the powder form and the liquid and he says it worked just as well. I guess the only way for me to find out is to try. Chemistry my dear Watson, really is, only deduced by using the scientific method. hahaha