STN?

I have a decent size colony that has these 3 small white spots. THey have appeared over the course of a couple weeks (after I added a carbon filter pad). Removed the carbon, but now i'm wondering if I should dip and frag the coral to try to save it. Thoughts? It's under LED's, calcium and alk are stable (calcium reactor). Tons of flow (two maxspect gyre xf150's).

Tested Phosphates using my Hanna checker tonight and it reads 0 PPB, also checked my RO/DI water and the TDS readings on the inlet are 90 and 0 on the outlet, so my water is clean as well. Based on my observations, I'm thinking I stripped too much nutrient from the water with the addition of the carbon pad. The coral was thriving before that.

robert.talarico

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Prosperent;n662771 said:
Those are all pretty stable with the calcium reactor. 9.7 - 9.8 alk over the past 4 months, calcium 420, mag 1340
With low nutrients your Alk is a little high. Depending on your NO3 I'd say try to bring them down to the 8.0dKH mark. It will also help to bring your calcium up.

As far as the STN, have you noticed anything munching your coral at night? Leave the lights dark for an hour or two then check the tank with a red light. You could put a red shirt over a flash light. Maybe something stinging it at night? I would definitely try dipping it in some coral Rx. They advertise it helps with tissue necrosis if thats what it is.