M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Shots of the tank from this weekend.

Clowns Lay'n eggs :)

Elvis!

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow that tank looks amazing from what I can see. A full tank shot like he said would be sweet!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Thanks all! Its really starting to fill in, almost too much so. Starting to have flow issues and such as the corals start to block flow to various areas. Need to get my big build going faster but still likely going to a be at least a year or more before I can even think of moving anything

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Love your tank. It's grown so much.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Wow more then a year since I updated this. Although I think this tank will be coming down soon as it really has kind of gone down hill in the last year.
First it started having bad dyno issues. Finally figured out it was from the RO unit needing to be more thoroughly flushed before every use.
Then I had a small stray current issue from my skimmer pump that went unnoticed for some time. Corals had been losing color but I hadnt been able to determine what the issue was until the skimmer stopped working
Finally got that figured out and everything was looking good, so I decided to add a tang, as some caulpra had begun taking over the rocks.
Tang looked good, and did great for almost 2 months, but when I came back from an extended trip the whole tank was infected with ich.

After the tang died the caulpra in the tank exploded, as did the bryopsis and apstasia.
Dont want to add anymore fish to the tank at this point, so thinking I should get one of my 40 QT tanks going, move fish to there, along with the few corals I want to keep. Frag the rest and then recure all the rock. Although part of me just wants to try and leave it as is until I am ready to move it, but then the APex base unit starts acting up and may force me to do it sooner anyway...

Long story short, the tank is very likely coming down in the next few weeks

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
there is only my clown pair and one lyretail atm, so they would get moved to one of the 40g QT tanks along with the clam and few corals. I think. Clam a bit of a challenge as he is attached to the rock and I want to cure that rock, but pretty sure I cant remove him since he latched on there as a tiny clam baby

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Well this tank is still up and running. Had thought I would take it down, but that didnt work out. Luckily though I have managed to slowly wrestle my way through the various issues that were plaguing it, and it is now in recovery mode. Adding a UV sterilizer, a fox face and new pair of cleaner shrimps, was what got me back on the recovery path. Things are growing and starting to color up again, finally. Got a ways to go yet though, as many things are still fairly faded in their colors. Lost most of my SPS along the way too, but at least my clam and LPS corals are still going.
Still gotta get the apasatia and vermetids under control, as both have fairly large populations now. Speaking of which, I am on the hunt for 1-2 berghia nudis to combat some of this, so if you have a lead on any, please let me know
Either way here is some pics of some of my colonies that survived the issues, and are soldiering on still

View attachment 11591 View attachment 11592 View attachment 11593 View attachment 11594 View attachment 11595 View attachment 11596 View attachment 11597 View attachment 11598 View attachment 11599

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Well tank is slowly doing better, the bergia's have steadily gotten most of the apstsia under control. Still plenty for them to eat but the tank is no longer covered in them. I have actively started kalwassering the hydroids too. Many I cant get to but starting to make a dent in all those that are in and around corals. Colors on most everything has made an almost full recovery now too :D The clams I got a MACNA are awesome too, really love all of them, especially the tear drop which is growing like a weed and the other large maxima.
View attachment 13450 View attachment 13451 View attachment 13452 View attachment 13453 View attachment 13454 View attachment 13455 View attachment 13456 View attachment 13457 View attachment 13458 View attachment 13459

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Great looking growth on that clam! That hammer looks awesome as well. What is that color called?
Its teal tips and orange/gold stalks. It was mostly brown when I got it, had no idea what color it really was, and took a really like time to figure out that it just liked laying on the sandbed before it was happy, but growing great lately