Taking off of plugs

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't remove from the plug in general. I may clip off the stem if I don't have a crevice to hide it.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
superglue gel is cheap and good. and you can remove them from the whole plug - I used to, especially if I couldn't hide the plug in the rocks. I'd recommend keeping them on the plug long enough to find them a home in your tank first. Much easier to move around if your first choice of location is too bright, etc.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
djromo;348080 said:
OK so just the "stick" part then? As long as that is clipped off. Do you sometimes have to remove the whole plug?
You don't "have to" remove a coral from the plug, they'll just encrust over it. Some people remove them for ascetics, some people cut part of the plug to fit onto a rock better, but If you have to cut the coral to mount it, now it also has to heal, not just get used to your tank and lights..... Lot of unnecessary stress in my opinion.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
FishTV;348083 said:
You don't "have to" remove a coral from the plug, they'll just encrust over it. Some people remove them for ascetics, some people cut part of the plug to fit onto a rock better, but If you have to cut the coral to mount it, now it also has to heal, not just get used to your tank and lights..... Lot of unnecessary stress in my opinion.
absolutely true- it's not completely necessary to take them off the plug. It's purely for aesthetics. Also true that doing it when you first put it in your tank is adding stress to it. That's why I waited until I found a good 'home' for them.