1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Tampa bay live rock

Discussion in 'Rock' started by Andrew_bram, May 19, 2019.

1. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Has any one here ordered from them?

Where you happy with what you got?

How do you deal with unwanted critters?

I assume I could dip in fresh water for just a minute to get out the bad crabs and shrimp but would that kill al the other good stuff

Any other ideas on what can be done to get rid of just the bad things. With the size of the tank it's going in manual removal will be impossible as tank is way to deep and wide.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Tuna Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I've only heard good things about it, but thought it was pretty expensive?

3. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

I’d pitch in for a small amount.

4. Andrew_bram

If everybody tells me how much they want I will make a large order.

JuanGutz likes this.
  5. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

I might be interested in a small amount as well.

6. scmountain

scmountain Copepod

what kind of prices we talking here? also maybe I am a scaredy cat, but sure would be concerned about hitchhikers

7. Andrew_bram

Still contemplating an order it depends on if I have enough rock to fill the beast.

On side noted I never worry about hitchhikers because no matter how hard you try your gonna end up with something you dont want in your system and have to deal with it. Also if your afraid of certain things you can always to a freshwater dip and it will drive out all the crabs and mantis shrimp and stuff like that yet leave bacteria alive.

neoalchemist74 likes this.
  8. scmountain

scmountain Copepod

I am at the rock stage now, keep me in the loop about prices

Crabs and shrimp could be cool, I guess it is the unknown that my rookie self is nervous about.

JuanGutz likes this.
  9. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Ya, the best rock comes packed with lots of life, and is the best because it comes packed with tons of life ;)

neoalchemist74 likes this.