Tank Drilling in Fort Collins

I'm a big DIY guy, but I don't really want to invest the money in glass drilling supplies. Is there anyone in Fort Collins that has the tools? Offers the service for a fee? Know's a guy?

If not maybe I will be the guy to get the stuff and do it for people. I just figured I would ask first!

:ranger:

sethsolomon;283365 said:
I think GWA does it for the ballpark of $30 a hole I think. I would get ahold of Vince and see.
I left a note with one of the people working there about doing it, but I never got a call...

Great, thanks Vince. I'm toying with the idea of setting up a Nano reef and I have a couple of old tanks...

GiraffeCat

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;283365 said:
I think GWA does it for the ballpark of $30 a hole I think. I would get ahold of Vince and see.
Just called today, and they will drill for $30 a hole. (Just no guarantee on breaking it. That is in line with all other glass places I called - Slade, Toledo, Boulder, etc....)

01M5PWR As for drilling it yourself....Just spend the 40 bones on a diamond bit and have fun drilling/cracking tanks all afternoon! Shudder........all the shards of glass....the bleeding, the......the.....hospital bill! AAAAAAHHHHH!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
It's not hard to do and glass-holes has video on their site showing how to do it.