Tank install question

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am not sure what to do with this part of the assembly on my tank - bought the tank used and no manual online. I assume it's to adjust tank water height in the return.

How high should I put it?
Thank you!!!

ValG

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I have exact same dealio on my frag tank. My suggestion would be lower it all the way down and once you have the return pump going and get a feel on where you want your water level to be in the tank adjust accordingly. I have a pump that's a bit too powerful for my fragtank and with that level being raised all the way up it quickly filled my tank all the way to the edge so I had to pull the plug to make sure it wouldn't overflow.

Last edited by a moderator:

tomtom2245

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I agree, better to have it too low and let more water into the overflow area as opposed to not enough and burning your pump up bc it doesn't have enough water.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Leave low if you want to have a wave in the tank. I agree with starting with it low and raising it after you get the return dialed in. Pretty cool feature!

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;353426 said:
Leave low if you want to have a wave in the tank. I agree with starting with it low and raising it after you get the return dialed in. Pretty cool feature!
Thanks guys! I figured that was what it was for, but wanted to double check. This is my first "expensive" tank with all the bells and whistles.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I need to figure out how to silence the waterfall but I didn't like how high the water level was so I turned the "weir" upside down who have me more wiggle room with how low to put it. The way I first had it made the water level 1/4" higher but it leaked out into the drain which I didn't like.