Tank move, help please

My new tank arrived on Tuesday. It's sitting on a pallet in my garage. I have debated hiring movers to get the tank into my basement but having recently moved into my current home and witnessed movers ding stuff up I just don't think I trust movers with my low-iron glass, rimless aquarium. I think I'd feel more comfortable having folks help that can appreciate the value (and wait time) of a nice aquarium. I will gladly offer food, refreshments and gas money to any fellow reefers who would be willing to help me get my tank to it's resting place. The US representative for the manufacturer posted on reef central that the tank weighs approximately 300 lbs. It's rimless and it's dimensions are approximately 48Lx32Wx20H. It is in the garage right now but I will rent a pallet jack to move it to the front of the house. The front door is wide enough such that the tank can go through upright. Once through the front door the staircase to the basement is directly in front of you. No turns. I will purchase the dual cup suction cups from Harbor Freight. They are rated for 125 lbs. I am thinking 4 handles. So if I can get help from 3 folks who feel comfortable carrying a 75 lb handle down a flight of stairs I'd really, greatly appreciate it.

The house is located in Denver, CO 80238. I am just North of the intersection of I-70 and Central Park Blvd. I'd love to schedule the tank move for Saturday or Sunday but can do it whenever folks have time available. Please PM me if you think you can help me start my new build. Thank you very much in advance if you are considering helping me.

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I might be available!

Who built your tank?

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I can most likely help but I would caution against the harbor freight suction cups they have failed in the past you can see if cris at aquatic art has their suction cups available this weekend I could even pick them up for you I live very close to him

Thanks high plains reefer. I will reach out to Chris. I know he's open on Friday. The Arvada rents all is open on Saturday. They have commercial grade ones rated for 400 lbs but 3 of the 6 they own are currently out. He may have them back in stock before the weekend.

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I just got a text from cris about a piggyback kit for my rodi and i asked about the suction cups he has 6 of them they are available this weekend do you want me to get them for you?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I am not far from there, and can help to if needed

Awesome folks. I really appreciate the help. I am thinking early afternoon on Saturday around 1pm but I'm just throwing out a time. Does that work? Does someone have a preference?

whyamisofly

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm booked Saturday - Sunday would be better for me.

Thanks whyamisofly. My buddy just got back to me. He can help on Saturday but not Sunday so lets see what others' schedules are like. I guess I should see what times / day works best for Ken as he has so graciously pickup up the suction cups he is rather critical to the operation :)

SynDen, Balz, what do you think? If either of you (or both to be safe) can confirm for Saturday or Sunday I can book it and get the pallet jack. Thank you all very very much.

I just got done getting the hanging kit for the light up. Now I'm going to level the stand.