Tank resurrection

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hello all,
It's been a while since I have been active on the board. Life gets busy and my tank has been pretty much live rock with fish for a bit.
I was needing some inspiration lately, so I visited Ric "Aztec Dreams". Well his tank got me kick started.

I will be tearing my bowfront down soon. Meanwhile I am going to bring my 60g tank back to life. I broke it down when we moved way back in January 2002. It has been sitting in my basement ever since collecting dust.

I will need to have it drilled and re-caulked. Been looking around for a place to cut me two holes. I looked at getting a cutter bit, but not to confident on doing that myself.

Meanwhile, I sanded down everything and I am in the process of getting it painted.

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
thanks Andrew
My wife is happy that I am getting my butt in gear with my tank. I've had a saltwater tank for almost 30 years now and felt weird not being interested in my favorite hobby.

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got it all painted up.
First time ever using chaulk paint and I love how it goes on.
I used Annie Sloan graphite with a dark wax. I about had a heart attack when I purchased the paint $$$ but i does give it a very beautiful look.
I pick up my handles from RH and used some chrome spray paint for the rest of the hardware.

tomtom2245

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Love the new paint job. It's not that often you see a red interior. Just as an FYI, you can make your own chalk paint with plaster of Paris. We just redid a table using it and it came out great.

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Chaulk paint is extremely easy to apply. I purchased a round boars hair brush for the application.
Easiest paint I have ever used.

So far we have painted my tank/canopy, two end tables and my wife painted our master bathroom cabinets while I was at work today.
We have been some painting fools.

I will whip up a batch of latex paint/ plaster and try it out.
Thanks

tomtom2245

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
JNG;n647295 said:
Chaulk paint is extremely easy to apply. I purchased a round boars hair brush for the application.
Easiest paint I have ever used.

So far we have painted my tank/canopy, two end tables and my wife painted our master bathroom cabinets while I was at work today.
We have been some painting fools.

I will whip up a batch of latex paint/ plaster and try it out.
Thanks
No problem. You have to add a little water to thin it back out as the plaster really thickens it up. We did 1/3 cup plaster, 1/3 cup water, and 1 cup latex paint.