1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Tank tear down - corals for sale

Discussion in 'Frags and Livestock for Sale, Trade or Want to Buy' started by adoucette, Jun 11, 2018.

1. adoucette

adoucette Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Because I had no interest in the tank and everything, I am now going to try to sell everything piece by piece. I will be selling the coral first, then the livestock. I will keep the rock and post the tank. The sand I'll give to whoever wants it. Again, I am trying to be fair on pricing, there is no KBB for coral... Please text me if you are interested in anything. I can also send specific pictures if you text me. Below is what I think I have available (I may have left something off), when they are picked up I will mark them as sold: Alec (303)619-7322
    4 Rainbow anemomes: Large (ready to split again) $50, 2x medium ($30), small $20
    Gorgorian: $20
    Green Speghetti leather: 2 x $25
    Tube anemome pink: $20
    Large leather mushroom: $20, 2x small $5
    Rock of hairy mushrooms: $20
    Mini-maxi Carpet anemome: $40
    Space Invader: $50 - Has turned from bright green to brown, but I believe the color will come back with the right attention.
    Orange and blue/purple plate: $50
    Torch coral: $50
    Pipe Organ: $50 - a rock 4x9ish is covered
    Green Clove Polyps: $20
    Corcea Clam (I think): $60
    Zoas: $10
    Frogspawn: $20
    Purple Tongue: $20 (has dead spot from sand covering it)
    Potato Chip: $60
    Large elegance: $85
    Ultra rock flower anemome: $20 (if I can find it)
    Large Duncan: $65
    Small Duncan: $30
    Large Birds Nest: $55
    Fox Coral: $25

Attached Files:

SynDen likes this.
  2. Gabe&Brandi

Gabe&Brandi Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

How bigs your tank & stand? I’d be interested in sand and some live rock once everything’s broken down.

3. adoucette

It’s 80 gallon. When all the coral and fish are gone I’ll post the rock and you can have as much sand as you want...

4. zombie

zombie Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Always buy new sand. Used sand is a no no in tanks unless it's just a small amount less than 10% to seed the bacteria and microfauna into a new tank. A few people have managed to pull it off by cleaning the bejeezus out of it through multiple rinse dry cycles, but it's a LOT of work.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

5. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Don't be discouraged about used sand it can be done. This guy used all old sand and I don't think he washed the heck out of it. [​IMG]

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Haddonisreef likes this.
  6. adoucette

Up to you. If it’s unusable I can just dispose of it. I was only offering to try and help someone out...

7. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Let’s get back to topic. Lots of great corals here.

Always rinse sand before transferring to a new tank... it came from the ocean and isn’t going to expire like milk or shitty beer.

When are you going to list the fish?

Cherub likes this.
  8. adoucette

As soon as the coral is gone I will list the fish. They should be easier to catch if I can take the rock out...

Haddonisreef likes this.
  9. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

How big is the space invader? Jw

10. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Pic of clam?
    And carpet nem

11. adoucette

At this time all the coral are pending sale on Saturday. I’ll update the thread Saturday. Thank you

12. adoucette

Everything has been sold out of the tank. I'm going to post the tank and stand under equipment if anyone is interested...

13. Tony

Tony Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

I would like to purchase the bird's nest. ISA Thanks Tony