Test Kits

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Either I have been testing my water the wrong way this whole time or I got a bad test kit. I have been having issues with my zoa's and Scott was kind enough to help me out and try to trouble shoot my problem with me. I gave him my parameters and my magnesium has been way high whenever I tested it, Like 1600+ some times (RedSea). Scott said he would test my water for me as well and when he did he got mid 1400 I believe (RedSea). I'm thinking of either getting some new test from RedSea or going with someone different. What do other people use? Does anyone prefer one kit over the other for a certain test? Any bad experiences with kits?

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have always found red sea a little hard to get used to. I like saflirt for mag and Hanna for alk. Personally don't really test for anything else

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I use Red sea kits, but they do tend to expire and when they do they can give erratic numbers. How long you had the kit?

SynDen;n656519 said:
I use Red sea kits, but they do tend to expire and when they do they can give erratic numbers. How long you had the kit?
+1 check the date, I had the same problem.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;656519 said:
I've had them for a year. Expiration is 2/17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only one I hear is garbage is API. Nyos worked for me but I didnt like how hard their bottles were to dispense from. Hanna or salifert, red sea "OK".

API calcium and kh are OK..the are inexpensive and have been accurate, but the other api tests are horrible

"Hmmmm, gas and car insurance, or a war paint Scoly? I am walking home with my coral! "~Tattooed Nurse