The Chaeto Thread

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
mgilger;75399 said:
Wondering if someone around Lakewood could give me a piece of cheato to start of my refugium? thanks, Matt.
Gotta love the squidbillies!!! ha ha

mgilger

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
M.A.S.C Club Member
no one around Lakewood has an cheato?

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dang it! I just tossed about a soccerball size away. So, Im in Brighton and I have plenty to give every few weeks! Hit me up in about two weeks Ill have some.

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
I'll need a big hunk for my fuge in a week or two. When should you add it during the 1st tank cycle?

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
What type of lights do you grow your chateo under? My stuff grows so slow... Maybe I need a new light...

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I grow mine with a utility clip light with an LED socket style grow bulb. The bulb is about $40 and the utility clip with socket was about $6 at lowes

Location matters. If you want to come to southwest denver, I always have some. But if not, let us know where you are and someone near you can speak up.

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
Yaten13;84624 said:
Location matters. If you want to come to southwest denver, I always have some. But if not, let us know where you are and someone near you can speak up.
I might hit u up in the next few weeks. I'm in Lakewood. I'm cycling my tank to set it up again. When is it best to put chaeto in?

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a nice good amount of red gracilaria for giveaway. For those not familiar, this macro algae works just as good as chaeto in nutrient removal and is also tasty to herbivores, tangs especially. I have tons of copepods on the macro as well. First person who can come get it in Littleton its yours. Shoot me a PM

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll take some more if you have it at the swap on the 16th, Kris.
Can never have enough tang food ;)

djkms;86389 said:
my nitrates are starting to drop lower than I like them to be..
does not compute ...