The DR.'s 215 build!!! Finally... :/

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The fish should be freaking if it was really that low. So should the clams. Are you sure that the ammonia is not jacking with your kit or probe? Can you test a second way?

If it is that low, then the aragonite is buffering right now. The skimmer is also blowing off excess CO2.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
jda123;259327 said:
The fish should be freaking if it was really that low. So should the clams. Are you sure that the ammonia is not jacking with your kit or probe? Can you test a second way?

If it is that low, then the aragonite is buffering right now. The skimmer is also blowing off excess CO2.
Clams all did close up but are now opening. The fish didn't skip a beat. I tested the ph 2 ways. Ammonia is testing at 0 now. But that may be the prime masking it?

I am doing kalkwasser now and increased surface agitation. The ph has been climbing a bit with the kalk.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Dr.HarlemTutu;259310 said:
So I also had a ph problem. My calcium reactor in the sump was leaking co2 into the tank. My ph was 7.4! That's why the fish didn't really care and the corals are smoked! Like all the sps are gone, 90% anyhow. I had to step back today and think.

In a good note, I got the bathroom almost tiled. Nervous energy! Haha

Now, do I sell this tank because I don't need the space? My wife suggested getting the most bad ***** smaller (100 gallon or so) tank $ can buy and call it done. Or do I use the space to buy a ton of killer coral, the hunt is sometimes most of the fun. My 120 was so full I had no opportunity to get coral for the last year or more.

Opinions please?
Sorry about your losses buddy. I say you keep that big boy and fill her up!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
who wants the tank, stand, return pump (water blaster 7000), 75 gallon sump and plumbing? I think i'm goona sell... go back to a smaller tank. I got it to house the coral, which is basically all dead now, seems ridiculous. I might order a cadlights artisan 100 gallon. new beginnings with my fish and clams.

ialtalal

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;259363 said:
who wants the tank, stand, return pump (water blaster 7000), 75 gallon sump and plumbing? I think i'm goona sell... go back to a smaller tank. I got it to house the coral, which is basically all dead now, seems ridiculous. I might order a cadlights artisan 100 gallon. new beginnings with my fish and clams.
What happened man

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
You go smaller, and you're gonna wish you had room for coral in 6 months. I know this sucks, trust me, but hasty decisions are always regretted once the heart rate goes down and frustration levels drop. Those are the equivalent of ammonia and nitrates in humans. We get all twisted up when they're out of whack, and we crash.
Give it a week, get both your tank and yourself stabilized, go over to Gonzo's and shop for some corals, and then make a decision. In the meantime, post up what stuff you want to replace, and I'd bet that some of us have frags to spare of it. Cuz that's just how we roll around here.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
CindyL;259368 said:
You go smaller, and you're gonna wish you had room for coral in 6 months. I know this sucks, trust me, but hasty decisions are always regretted once the heart rate goes down and frustration levels drop. Those are the equivalent of ammonia and nitrates in humans. We get all twisted up when they're out of whack, and we crash.
Give it a week, get both your tank and yourself stabilized, go over to Gonzo's and shop for some corals, and then make a decision. In the meantime, post up what stuff you want to replace, and I'd bet that some of us have frags to spare of it. Cuz that's just how we roll around here.
Andrew_bram;259372 said:
Oh man no!!!!
+10000000000

Think of all the time, effort, and sleepless nights. You'll get it back in order. A knee jerk reaction would be the worst thing you could do right now.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Thanks for everyone's kind words. A brand new tank with star fire glass and external overflow and such is tempting. Still thinking. My kids think I'm going to end up wanting bigger too. I am going to wait for some time to make the decision. I am going to pull rock out today, cut coral off and re aquascape. This is super emotional! Still trying to figure out what happened?

1ph dip caused by dying coral and or calcium reactor

2. small cycle from the move

3. Added some new rock that may have needed more time with the prime, leeched bleach?

4. Used up my coral carma? Lol

5. A little of all of the above...

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I just finished filling a 5 gallon bucket with dead sps. Only sps that lived are monte caps. Otherwise total devastation!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Andrew_bram;259468 said:
I have that frag of slimmer and tort you can have them back.
We'll talk when she's stable. Thanks for the offer.

1st stable
2nd aquascape
3rd anemone
4th coral
More fish I. There as well.